PDA

View Full Version : Cheers! WR_first sip

mrt
12-31-2011, 09:38
Hello all,

Having been enjoying bourbon mainly from Jim Beam, Bulleit and a few other more common brands here, I now have the chance of enjoying an upper shelf one i.e. the Woodford Reserve. I have just taken my first sips together with my brother-in-law, and I can say that it deserves to call itself "craft bourbon". That will be my choice for welcoming the new year.

Best Regards,

trumpstylz
12-31-2011, 09:42
Greetings, and congrats on the upgrade!

dridge11
12-31-2011, 09:44
I was going to say you started the celebration a little early (as I'm sipping my coffee and thinking about breakfast)...then I saw your location.

Enjoy the WR and have a happy new year.

BillP
12-31-2011, 12:14
I had my first WR for Christmas. Definitely a winner!

mrt
12-31-2011, 15:39
Thank you all for the replies! It's already year 2012 now here in Turkey.
I wish you a very happy new year, with lots of bourbon enjoyment :)

Season's Greetings!

JayMonster
12-31-2011, 17:39
I fond rhis interestimg and encouraging as right after I picked up a bottle of Woodford Reserve yesterday (among several others) for a tasting get together, I came back to read a couple of threads absolutely traahing Woodford.

Glad to hear hou enjoyed it. Happy New Year!

Kalessin
01-02-2012, 17:09
I like Woodford Reserve; it's the bottle I randomly bought to keep at my sister's house for when I visit. While they keep some cases of great wine there, there are nights when I'd prefer a whiskey after the kids have been sent off to bed.

Happy new year!

Lazer
01-02-2012, 19:42
They should continue to permit bourbon in Turkey. Let freedom ring! Speaking of Turkey, I recommend Rare Breed.