PDA

View Full Version : New from Oklahoma

Okie
01-14-2012, 21:23
Hello Everyone,
I have enjoyed reading the threads posted on the straight bourbon forum. Found this forum site while searching for more information about bourbons after seeing a wonderful show on television featuring the kentucky bourbons.
From your recommendations and my experience with "entry level" whiskeys and bourbons, I selected a group to taste including the following: (not used to the abbreviations yet, but will use once I get them down)

Elijah Craig 12 year
Weller Antique 107
Knob Creek 9 year Small batch
Evan Williams Single barrel, 10 yr, barreled 1999 and bottled 2009
Booker's
Woodford
Parker Heritage Collection 2011

Great bourbons, but I must say the Parkers and Bookers are absolutely wonderful. I would have to rank, my preference of course, the Knob Creek and Evan Williams next followed by the Elijah Craig. I have been sharing these with my friends and they are astounded by the deep, complex taste of the Parker and Booker bourbons. What a wonderful finish on the Parker.

I am excited to encounter these tremendous tasting bourbons after a long absence from spirits. If only I could find Pappy Van Winkle in Oklahoma.

Billy Bourbon
01-15-2012, 00:03
Okie,

Welcome my friend. I too laid out a selection of bourbons to sample (not nearly as quality as the selections you have chosen) and find it an amazing experience. I wish you the best in experiencing and enjoying what is truly our spirit heritage. God bless you.

Billy

Ejmharris
01-15-2012, 08:02
Welcome from Ohio. Looks like you have a good plan in place. Looking forward to you thoughts in others as you post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh
01-15-2012, 10:06
Welcome Okie! You're off to a fabulous start. Most of those bottles are ones I started off with and ones I still drink now. Cheers!