PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Louisville

TheDude
02-20-2012, 19:40
Well, I was born and raised in Kentucky so bourbon isn't anything "new" to me. I remember the smell of cooking mash from the many distilleries in the south Louisvillle area when I was growing up, and have been drinking bourbon for more than half of my 40-plus years in one way, shape or form.

However, I only recently migrated from the standard Jim Beam and Maker's Mark to the premium small batch/single barrel bourbons. A couple of years ago I started taking out-of-town clients and friends on distillery tours to show them a "taste of Kentucky", and ended up getting hooked on the legend and lore of the bourbon industry. I'm really finding it to be a fantastic experience that has renewed my interest in good bourbon and in the history of my home state.

I'm fortunate to be in "Bourbon Mecca" as far as availability of most brands and limited releases--with exception of the Van Winkle lines, which are just as elusive here it seems.

I look forward to being a part of the conversation and learning more about our "native spirit" from all of you!

Shawn

Barrel_Proof
02-20-2012, 19:49
Now that's what I call a welcome greeting to the board! You should enjoy you time here, Shawn! Welcome, back at ya!

smokinjoe
02-20-2012, 19:58
I'll say! Welcome aboard, Shawn. The legend and lore is such a great part of the experience. The bourbon ain't bad either! :D Since you're so close, try and make a run to Bardstown for the Sampler in April. World Famous Gazebo action will provide an opportunity to meet other Bourbonians, as well as sample a bunch of wonderful whiskies. I hope you enjoy your time here.
:toast:

DaveOfAtl
02-20-2012, 20:48
Welcome! Remember Dude, this is not 'Nam, there are rules. :lol: Love the avi . . . for some reason, I feel like having a Caucasian with non-dairy creamer.

Restaurant man
02-20-2012, 22:02
I'm stunned that the "handle" hasn't been used before. Nice work:bowdown:

StraightNoChaser
02-28-2012, 17:46
Hayyyy :wavey: I know this guy