PDA

View Full Version : No More Lurking In Iowa

Wedge
03-07-2012, 14:46
Greetings everyone,

Compared to many of you, I am a beginner. Though not young, I've only been sipping whiskys for a couple of years now and reading these forums since I began my journey. This place has been a HUGE blessing and I want to thank all of you for participating and sharing your knowledge and opinions.

Like many, I tried whiskey when I was a teenager - didn't care for it at all. While I have consumed liquor throughout my adult life, I've rarely enjoyed it. I'm a sipper by nature, so chugging beers and shots is not in my nature. Wine is too sweet. One day, I stumbled upon this forum and began reading. That led me to go out and make a purchase. Ever since that first sip of OWA, I knew I had found my beverage of choice. No hurry, no worries. I now take the time in the evening to sit back, relax and enjoy a glass (or 2) on my own time and at my leisure.

I hope to join in on the discussions here in the future and get to know all of you. Thanks for letting me join in. Cheers!

Lost Pollito
03-07-2012, 15:53
Welcome aboard Wedge!

Neat
03-07-2012, 16:32
welcome! and THAT is how you enjoy bourbon - whatever makes you happy.

Bourbon Boiler
03-07-2012, 18:32
Welcome! Where in Iowa if you don't mind my asking?

Ejmharris
03-07-2012, 19:08
Welcome to the hawkeye from a buckeye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p_elliott
03-08-2012, 08:30
Welcome Wedge from a fellow Iowan, I hope you enjoy your time here a lot of great people on here. Please come join us in chat it's the gazebo at the top of the main forum page. Thursday & Sunday are the "Official nights" but it is open all the time. I'm in there. Thursday thru Saturday nights and Monday thru Thursday mornings. You'll have to tell where abouts in Iowa your at?

Paul

Wedge
03-08-2012, 09:00
Thank you for the welcome! I've been residing just south of the Des Moines metro for the last 6 years - born and raised in the Grinnell area.
Work takes me all over the state so I try to stop into the stray liquor stores in my travels. I've found a couple over the last 2 years that are head-and-shoulders above all others.

p_elliott
03-08-2012, 09:07
I haven't found a decent liquor store in Iowa yet but I haven't been to the big city ones. I have heard of one in Ames that is supposed to be very nice. Big city and Iowa what an oxymoron.

Wedge
03-08-2012, 09:50
Yes, I highly recommend Cyclone Liquors in Ames. In my travels, they have the best bourbon selection in Iowa that I've come across. Great staff as well!
I call them big towns because city would be a stretch.

jtexaslonestar
03-08-2012, 16:58
Welcome to SB! I agree, this place has been a tremendous help and is very entertaining too!:grin: