PDA

View Full Version : New from Australia

bjbronwyn
04-21-2012, 17:49
Hi all, my name is Dan. I have actually been a member for a month or two, but thought its about time to introduce myself. I am 39 and reside in Adelaide SA.

Ive been a JD and WT collector for about 7 years, and have recently started to branch out and purchase and taste the small variety of bourbon and rye we have here. My favourites at the moment are Ritt.BIB and the baby Saz, and as far as bourbon I really like FC103 and BT as I find it uncomplicated and gutzy. Also I love my JD, WT 101 and WTRye.

I know Im going to enjoy my time here, I feel I have already learnt alot by being here, but I look forward to extending my knowlege, and the hand of friendship to you all.
Cheers

Bourbon Boiler
04-21-2012, 18:26
welcome to the board. I won't pretend to know what kind of options you have over there on the other side of the globe, but there are a few here who do.

camduncan
04-21-2012, 19:40
Welcome Dan, it's always great to have another Aussie on the board :D
You'll find a few other Aussies on here.... I'm not sure if there are many members from Adelaide, but there a few of us in Brisbane, Perth (and Sydney) I think.
As for bourbons, you'll find Australia is getting better and better for variety. We now have representations from all of the major bourbon distilleries and of course Jack Daniels. (Did you know Jeff Arnett, Master Distiller of Jack Daniels was in Australia a few weeks ago?)
Based on your preferences for bourbon, have you tried Jim Beams Bookers or the new Devils Cut? They 'might' be something you'll enjoy?
Anyway, enjoy your time here.. I'm sure you'll find the site a wealth of information.

PaulO
04-22-2012, 07:12
Does Australia get Old Forester, or any version Weller? I'm suggesting those, as I see you enjoy many of my other favorites. I have Ritt BIB, and Saz in the front of my cabinet :grin:

mrviognier
04-22-2012, 08:34
Welcome to the board! Nice to see you're from Adelaide. Used to spend a lot of time there when I was in the wine business. Is Nu Thai still there? One of my favorite Thai restaurants ever. Loved shopping at Trim's for harvest gear.

FYI, I'm actively looking for a import partner in Australia. Am hopeful we'll have product in country this year.

camduncan
04-22-2012, 15:37
Does Australia get Old Forester, or any version Weller?

Sadly not Paul. We get Woodford Reserve (closest thing to Old Forester) and several BT products, but no Weller. I think the closest we have to a wheated product would be Makers :skep:

camduncan
04-22-2012, 15:38
FYI, I'm actively looking for a import partner in Australia. Am hopeful we'll have product in country this year.

That's exciting news Matt.:cool:

Luna56
04-22-2012, 18:53
Welcome, Dan. You're in good company here and you'll find a number of Aussies in the ranks.

Hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Cheers!

TroyM
04-22-2012, 19:56
Welcome aboard,

There are many aussies lurking around these parts.

deathevocation
04-24-2012, 20:45
Yes - Melbourne here too.

spy247
05-09-2012, 20:57
Welcome Dan. You've begun a long and worthwhile journey.

weller_tex
05-10-2012, 17:44
Welcome Dan! I worked in Alice Springs for a couple of months a few years ago, and have spent some time in Sydney. I love your country and it's people! I even actually found out I like driving on the "wrong side" better! In Alice my choices (Liquorland and an independent) were WT 8 year 101, EC 12 year, Cougar, and Jim Beam. Hopefully you have a wider selection, although it did increase my appreciation for EC 12!