PDA

View Full Version : Saying hello from n.w. Illinois!

WAINWRIGHT
07-12-2012, 21:43
Hello,my name is Ryan and I admit to being a loooooooooooooooong time lurker.I have learned so much over the last couple of years from this site and multiple periodicals from which I have subscriptions.WHISKEY FEST was the turning point to what has now become a growing obsession!I hope to intervene in the near future;I love coming to this site and picking up new information every day.We are planning a family vacation to Kentucky for the end of July,any imput on attractions,resaurants and top distillery tours would be greatly appreciated."Yes, it is really going to be a family vacation all though my wife has her doubts.:slappin:

the Duff
07-13-2012, 08:13
Well its about time!

Wainwright and I are bourbon buddies. We share bottles, do verticals together, and went to Whisky Fest together last year. This guy has a serious collection! A newb to the site, but definately not a newb in regards to this hobby.

Roadsaw
07-13-2012, 19:03
Hello Ryan, nice to not be lurking isnt it?

WAINWRIGHT
07-13-2012, 19:28
Yes, it is!Thanks for the welcome nice to see another Illinois boy on the site.

p_elliott
07-13-2012, 20:35
Welcome to the site! You are not all that far from where I grew up west of Burlington IA. Where in KY are you going to base out of?

WAINWRIGHT
07-13-2012, 20:57
We will be staying in Bellevue and Louisville and only visiting Bardstown and Frankfort.I am trying to split time not to detract from the family experience;I am trying to work in time for the BT Hardhat Tour.

p_elliott
07-14-2012, 21:44
A couple of family things you could do in Louisville depending on how old your kids are, are the Muhammad Ali museum and the Louisville Slugger Museum. I haven't been to these yet but have read good things about them.

Also read the post about places to eat in Bardstown in the distillery trip thread.

ISU_grad
07-16-2012, 12:55
Welcome, nice to see some more folks on here that aren't that far away!

Lost Pollito
07-16-2012, 13:16
Hey Ryan!!! Welcome aboard. Great to see you posting finally.

WAINWRIGHT
07-16-2012, 17:47
Thanks guys for the open welcomes.Joe, I wondered if you would figure out who I was;I look forward to some more of your recommendations!