PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to introduce myself to this extraordinary forum:

HighHorse
08-20-2012, 11:15
Hello my friends. I'm delighted to be with you as I've been following you folks for some time.

I'm a Tallahassee, Florida guy and part of a group of bourbon (etc) lovers. We meet weekly on the Cigar Porch of a co-owned Liquor Store and Lounge. Both are known for their exceptional stock of bourbons and other delights. I think it's safe to say the both the store and the lounge have more bourbon offerings than anything for hundreds of miles around. I'm not pitching the commercial .. just that it's in this environment that we meet often to taste and compare.

We also enjoy private selections and I was honored to make the Kentucky trip a few months ago when we picked at HH, KBD & Woodford. What an experience & I can tell you I'm hooked. I've started a collection .. focusing on bourbons .. specifically those that are in very short supply or, no longer available. Up to about 50 so far. Others in our group are also collecting.

Mostly, though, we collect memories .. and many a memory is made when sharing this wonderful concoction with good friends. And if they're not good friends now, the will be soon enough!

Look forward to chatting with you folks.
Jon

Tony
08-20-2012, 11:59
Good Day Jon and welcome from up in Michigan.

Sounds like you got a great bunch of guys and a good place to enjoy. Glad to have you here.

Best regards, Tony

PaulO
08-20-2012, 13:50
Welcome Jon, It sounds like you've got a nice situation there. The one store in my area that does some single barrel selections hasn't had any the last couple of times I was there. Watch out for those pythons :cool:

jcg9779
08-20-2012, 22:23
Welcome to the site, Jon.

darylld911
08-21-2012, 06:12
Welcome to SB, Jon!

p_elliott
08-21-2012, 08:18
Welcome to the site Jon as you have learned bourbon is best enjoyed when sharing it with friends. Come join us in chat some time and have a drink with us and enjoy some good conversation.

Flyfish
09-14-2012, 07:41
Welcome, Jon. Because you are relatively new to bourbon but have already amassed what amounts to considerable experience, I am curious about the bourbons that you find most satisfying at this stage in your tasting career.