PDA

View Full Version : New from Chicago

thiemb
12-15-2012, 09:22
Greetings from Chicago,

I've been lurking on the site for a while now and thought that it was about time to introduce myself and join the conversation. I've lived in Chicago for over a decade but am originally from MN. (My sports loyalties are still tied to MN...tough times right now.) I've been into bourbon for a few years now and have come a long ways from my days of doing shots of OGD in college. BT and FR are my favorite distilleries but I like to try others too and have recently gotten a little more interested in scotch. From what I've read about some other parts of the country I think we're really lucky in Chicago to have a lot of great bars for trying bourbon and great stores for buying bourbon. If you're a loyal customer and develop good relationships with store owners I think you can get just about anything here without much hassle. At least that's been my experience. I've learned a lot from you all already and I'm looking forward to learning more and joining some conversations.

squire
12-15-2012, 09:38
Well we're happy to see you thiemb, welcome aboard.

HP12
12-15-2012, 11:09
Welcome aboard from a transplanted Chicagoan. And don't "think" you're really lucky to be in Chicago for great bars and liquor stores for trying and buying Bourbon...you ARE really lucky! Enjoy the ride. :cool:

ChainWhip
12-15-2012, 13:15
Welcome to SB! I'd love to visit there one day when I'm not rushing from gate to gate.

WAINWRIGHT
12-15-2012, 15:21
Welcome to SB,enjoy your time here and the vast amount of knowledge that is presented before you on this board.

Tony
12-15-2012, 15:22
Howdy and welcome from over in Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

thiemb
12-16-2012, 10:12
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!