PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the North Country of Minnesota

Grain Belt
03-06-2013, 09:18
I am new to the forum from Northern Minnesota. I will use the handle Grain Belt after the iconic midwestern beer. I have enjoyed this forum for a while and feel I can contribute from time to time. I really enjoy most bourbons and am getting into cocktails and cooking with bourbon in addition. My sweet spot for bourbons is probably ones that are a good value to me based on exceptional taste to my palate but ones that do not break the bank. I enjoy Old Charter 8 and 10, Jim Beam Black, Evan Williams Black, 1783, and single barrel, Elijah Craig 12, and many others. I also am getting into some ryes. I have splurged a few times and have had Pappy variations and Stagg/Handy/Sazerac 18. All in all I feel I am entering the phase of being an "enthusiast." Hope to get to know a few of you.

squire
03-06-2013, 09:24
Welcome aboard Grain Belt, look forward to your contributions. Come by and visit with us in the chat room where a few gather most evenings. The chat icon is located in the lower left hand corner of your screen.

thiemb
03-06-2013, 09:26
Welcome to SB from a former northern Minnesotan now living in Chicago. There's a lot to learn here so enjoy. Whereabouts in the northern part of the state are you? Great handle btw. I still have a soft spot for Grain Belt and try to pick some up when I visit my family up there.

Tony
03-06-2013, 12:34
Howdy and welcome from Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

Grain Belt
03-06-2013, 12:42
I'm in the Brainerd Lakes area

Wryguy
03-06-2013, 13:01
Welcome Grain Belt! I spent four of the best years of my life in the great state of Minnesota, with a few of the best days spent portaging and canoeing in the Boundary Waters. Look forward to your contributions!

jtexaslonestar
03-06-2013, 15:12
Welcome to SB.com! See ya around!

BFerguson
03-06-2013, 17:56
Nice to see the MN ranks swelling!

Welcome to the board!

B

MarkRuck
03-06-2013, 18:30
Welcome GB. My inlaws have a cabin on Leach Lake, so I'm familiar with the area you call home. It is a great place.

This is a great place to learn more about the great american drink we call bourbon. Most of the guys on this forum have already forgotten more than I know.

I look forward to your contributions

Bourbon Boiler
03-06-2013, 18:31
Welcome to the board, GB.

mrviognier
03-08-2013, 21:13
Another Minnesotan! Welcome aboard!