PDA

View Full Version : hmmm.....

kitzg
09-21-2003, 12:26
I thought two expert SB.com participants (both long involved in the industry) made two good points over the weekend. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

One said something like, "people often ask about or state 'the best' bourbon. Reality is bourbon is a matter of taste. We can agree most superpremiums are far better than top shelf but the fun of being a bourbon enthusiast is finding a lot of bourbons that are really good." My own comment would add that it's great to see award winners, but I'm always pleased to find another bourbon I like and happy to eliminate one (particularly a high-priced one) that I don't really get excited about.

The other SB.com expert participant said something like, "I hate to see people say this bourbon tastes like Sh#t... It's all a matter of opinion." Gees, yes, more bourbon is poured with Coke anyway. Besides, most of us when we first got to know bourbon were not drinking the high-priced stuff, either. Seems good to me to agree that there are a lot better bourbons than some others. But maybe we don't want to discourage the newcomers who've been drinking JB white label for years like I used to. Believe it or not the other night I was poured Ten High and I actually was able to appreciate it (better than some blends I've had before).

Just thought these were worth passing along. There's gold among us.

You guys and gals rock~

Greg