PDA

View Full Version : Tastes Change Day To Day?

Vision
09-19-2004, 00:07
Does anyone else find a particular bourbon fantastic one night or most of the time, but mediocre another night?

Example: I was drinking RYell on the rocks tonight, which usually gives me a rich maple taste I love when a litte ice melts. But that didn't happen tonight, so I poured it out and am enjoying WT101 now.

Why is that?

bluesbassdad
09-19-2004, 00:33
I can't give you a "why", but I can certainly relate to your experience. See here (http://www.straightbourbon.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=8283&page=&view=&sb=5 &o=).

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

brian12069
09-21-2004, 05:20
Happens to me all the time.

TrueBarrel
09-21-2004, 12:04
Same here. Sometimes my "taster" is just more "on" than at other times. Also, what I ate previously in the day has an effect. For instance, if I eat something with raw onions in it, even hours later it negatively affects my tasting ability.

brian12069
09-21-2004, 17:32
actually tonight is a "perfect" example. Right now I am sampling a little Benchmark...the last time I had it a few months ago I didn't really enjoy it. Tonight I really like it...not sure why...same bottle even.

pepcycle
09-21-2004, 18:42
The other day I was sampling from the bunker and everything tasted dry and bitter. What the %^&*? I finally realized I had seared my tongue on some melted cheese and the sweet buds were all dead. I thought it might be time to end it all, but fortunately I recovered.
Now everything seems a little on the sweet side. Is this some type of overcompensation that my brain has taken?