PDA

View Full Version : Rare Perfection Bourbon

Edward_call_me_Ed
11-28-2005, 18:06
Hi Everybody,

Has anyone else heard of this bourbon? I saw a bottle of Rare Perfection Rye in the store, but didn't get it as I had never heard of it. Later the bartender at my favorite place asked me if I had tried the Rare Perfection Bourbon. I said I hadn't and he showed be a magazine article. It was in Japanese, the type was too small and the light wasn't too good so I couldn't really read it. I did pick out some age statements and prices. The prices were rather high and the ages were all over ten years. I didn't see any proofs. He told me that they were made by Jim Beam. He also told me that it was cheap now. Maybe an introductory price, I don't know.

I plan on getting the Rye I saw as soon as I can get over to the store I saw it in.
Ed

Edward_call_me_Ed
11-30-2005, 06:34
Bump.

Just want to keep this active. I guess I can assume that no reply means that no one has heard of it, but I want to be sure.
Ed

BourbonJoe
11-30-2005, 18:09
Just want to keep this active. I guess I can assume that no reply means that no one has heard of it, but I want to be sure.
Ed

Never heard of it Ed. Check it out. Sounds interesting.
Joe http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/usflag.gif

drew_kulsveen
12-05-2005, 02:50
Jim Beam, come on you guys know that is from me. We do an 11YR Rye, & 12, 18, 21, 25YR Bourbon.

barturtle
12-05-2005, 05:16
Thanks Drew.

Edward_call_me_Ed
12-05-2005, 07:52
Thanks Drew. It certainly makes sense that it is from you. I was just repeating what I had heard. I will get one as soon as possible. Your Olde St Nick Winter Rye is certainly top shelf! As is the rest of the Olde St Nick line.
Ed

ratcheer
12-05-2005, 16:29
Looks very nice, Drew.

Tim

Edward_call_me_Ed
12-07-2005, 22:09
Hi Drew,
I got the Rare Perfection Rye 11 yo 86 proof today. A little pricer than your Olde St Nick Winter Rye 101 proof so it has some tough competion to beat as I really like the Winter Rye. I will post my impressions in a new thread in Other American Whiskey when I get around to opening it. It will be soon, I am sure.
Ed

camduncan
12-07-2005, 22:34
Damm, I got all excited for a minute thatBeam were releasing something new (and it might make it to the Australian market)

Looks like another one to keep an eye out for the next time I do an international order from Binnys (unless Drew is planning on shipping Downunder soon http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/graemlins/bigeyes.gif)

Edward_call_me_Ed
12-08-2005, 07:09
My favorite bar said that they will be getting in some of the Rare Perfection 18 yo bourbon tomorrow so I will be able to post on that sometime soon. I am three sips into the Rye and can say that it is very nice.
Ed