PDA

View Full Version : Order of Merit, Canadian Whiskey

gluce
02-04-2006, 18:28
Hi Everyone,

New Member here. I was curious if anyone could help out with some information on a bottle of whiskey that recently came into my hands.

The name is, Order of Merit, 16 year old Canadian Whiskey. It was purchased in 1969 by a friend. It is unopened and the bottle is in great shape. Any info on it and possible value would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

George R. Luce
Overland Park, Kansas

Gillman
02-04-2006, 18:36
I believe if you check the label on the back, it may say this whisky is half bourbon. There was a premium whisky of the time so confected, it may have been this one, perhaps you could let us know.

Gary

TNbourbon
02-04-2006, 21:08
...Any info on it and possible value would be greatly appreciated...

Also look here (the info applies to bourbon particularly, but I suspect Canadian whisky, too):
http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4028

As someone who has 'collected' way more bottles than I reasonably need, I'd suggest that their greatest value is as a lubricant to the fine fellowship and conversation during social settings -- both past and, hopefully, in the future -- with members of this board and other like-minded bourbon aficianados. Conversely, I would hesitate to advise you that these bottles be considered an investment. Some will appreciate, but most need only be appreciated.

wafsnipes23
03-27-2006, 08:30
George, fellow Jayhawk here! Rock chalk! I have the same bottle as you...any info on what it's worth?

Thanks,

Wesley