PDA

View Full Version : Bourbon we cant get in Australia!!

Carly
04-06-2006, 20:55
Hi guys,

Only new to the forum, but been reading a few posts and I am getting frustrated due to the lack of choice for Bourbon in Oz!

The Bourbon drinker in our house is my partner, and i have been trying to find him a nice drop for a while now.

The ones i can find in Oz are (Aus $):
Makers Mark - $45 - $50
Wild Turkey 8 yr - $50
Wild Turkey Rare Breed - $60-7$0
Jim Beam White - $25-$30
Jim Beam Black - $40
Jim Beam Small Batch - $40- $45
Jim Beam Yellow (Rye) - $36
Bakers - $70
Booker Noes - $90
Basil Haydens - $60
Jack Daniels (normal) - $38
JD Single Barrel - $78
Gentleman Jack - $48
Woodford Reserve - $65
Bulliet - $45
Cougar - $31

They used to sell Knob Creek, up until about 3 months ago when the decided to discontinue it!!

Just to name a few! But as you can see, it is still not a very big range of premium bourbon.

My question is, how can i get finer bourbon sent to me? Do you know any online stores that will ship internationally?

And what would be your top 5 bourbons (and approx prices)? So i know what ones to look at/order.

Thanks for your help :)

camduncan
04-06-2006, 23:00
Hi Carly welcome to the forums from another Aussie :grin: :grin: :grin:

You are correct, there isn't always an apparent large market for us Aussies.

It might pay to search for a thread called "Bourbon Availibility Downunder" - it has some details on what is available if you look hard.

If you have a Liquorland or Theos near you, they can get you some of the Heaven Hill stuff - Evan Williams Single Barrel and Elijah Craig 12yo

Also check out www.nicks.com.au (http://www.nicks.com.au) - they're in Melbourne (sorry, I'm not sure what part of the country you are from?) and ship anywhere. There's a couple of very fine bourbons there that you won't find elsewhere.

I'd post more (and probably will tonight), but I've got to run for the train home....

bluesbassdad
04-07-2006, 01:49
To avoid the hazards of the search function and errant spelling, one can click here (http://www.straightbourbon.com/ubbthreads/showthread.php?p=35722&highlight=downunder#post35722) to go directly to the aforementioned thread.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

Virus_Of_Life
04-08-2006, 11:52
IMO you cannot go wrong with Wild Turkey 8 year! I love that stuff and if it makes you feel any better the only way to get it in the states is to find a dusty old bottle that has been sitting on a shelf for about 10 years...

Welcome to the board.