PDA

View Full Version : Jim Beam Gold Label

HighTower
09-13-2006, 05:24
I was wondering if the old Jim Beam Gold Label is the same product as Jim Beam Bonded, just in a different bottle? The only notable differences I can see are -
Bonded is 1 litre
Bonded has "number 12 formula" on the label, and of course the word bonded.
Thanks,
Scott

cowdery
09-13-2006, 09:44
Only your fellow Aussies will be able to help you on this, I'm afraid. Jim Beam has a habit of selling completely different products Down Under. They ship the whiskey there in bulk and bottle it there, with little regard for US Standards of Identity.

HighTower
09-13-2006, 16:03
Both of the bottles in question say they are imported. However, in saying that the Gold label they stopped selling in about 2000, and the Bonded I picked up in 2001-2002 and it also says it's imported. (Bonded seemed to appear when Gold label disappeared, that's why I was wondering if it was the same)

I know they bottle a lot of stuff here....which is probably why I steer clear of it. Although I do like the Beam's choice.....but over here it's only 37% :hot: I like it better than the Black label we have in Australia.

cowdery
09-13-2006, 18:16
Even if it comes in tankers, it's still "imported." That just means it wasn't distilled and aged in Oz.

HighTower
09-14-2006, 03:20
the Gold label says distilled and bottled in Kentucky by James B Beam Distilling Co....the Bonded isn't so specific, on the front label it says distilled and bottled by James B Beam distilling Co....whereas white/green label state they are just distilled by James B Beam distilling co...they then have on the side bottled in Australia for Jim Beam Brands Company.