PDA

View Full Version : Blantons single barrel, for suddeutche zeitung

brockagh
09-15-2006, 12:13
Hi - I opened a bottle of this today, and it's superb. It is one of the most easy drinking bourbons I've ever had. Anyway, nothing more to say except I love it.

ratcheer
09-15-2006, 15:12
I agree, whole heartedly. I wish they still sold it in Alabama. :cry:

Tim

OneCubeOnly
09-15-2006, 17:31
Blanton's has always held a special place in my bourbon heart. While certainly not a 'value' bourbon, it's exceptionally elegant. To me, it's one of those bourbons that is worth the extra investment.

brockagh
09-15-2006, 18:46
It's not bad value, for a good bourbon sold in Europe. The one I have was specially bottled for a German magazine. It cost 65 euro.

Not that it matters, but do they give an indication of the age of the Blantons single barrel anywhere?

HighTower
09-16-2006, 02:24
I should have a second bottle of Blanton's Gold Edition arriving on Monday. Not long ago I got a Special Reserve (40%), Original (46.5%), Silver Edition (49%), and Gold Edition (51.5%). The wax seal was cracked on the gold so I ordered another....Looks like I'll have to drink the other!!

The smell is amazing, a very warm toffee/caramel tone. I'm not drinking right now, but when I get into this bottle I'll be sure to tell how it goes.

Scott

luv2hunt
09-17-2006, 19:18
It's funny that you are having this discussion because at the Festival, I had a discussion with Mitch from The Twisted Spoke and he made a comment that "each bourbon has a perfect dilution point that brings out it's best nose, flavor and finish". His point was that if a bourbon had to be diluted to 90 proof to taste it's best....that's the one he wanted.

Blantons is all the same distillate, bottled at different proofs. I personally think the gold is awesome. I'd love it if more distilleries would bottle at proof options like this so that I can be the one to decide which dilution I like best.....versus them deciding. (And no.....I don't want to dilute it myself.....because without the habit of actually measuring, how could I be assurred that I found that "sweet spot" exactly right each time!)

Dawn

HighTower
09-18-2006, 18:47
I was wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light on how I might be able to obtain a bottle of the uncut/unfiltered Blantons....how easy is it to come by??

Scott

barturtle
09-18-2006, 19:36
Well if you're willing to pay the shipping from Europe or Japan, pretty easy I guess, several retailers list it on their sites. If not, damn near impossible.