PDA

View Full Version : Attention Bourbon Fans in Tucson, AZ

bluesbassdad
07-18-2007, 00:21
I've received an announcement from The Rumrunner (http://www.rumrunnertucson.com/)that they are having a pre-moving sale where everything in the store will be marked down 25%.

If I were still drinking with any regularity, I might make the 460 mi. round-trip drive. As it is, there's not a thing I'm about to run out of or anything new I need to try. Sigh.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

fussychicken
07-18-2007, 19:17
Wow, thanks for the tip Dave. I don't really need anything right now, but this sounds like a great deal. If I can make the time, I might have to make a trek down from PHX...

55bill
07-21-2007, 13:10
We went to The RumRunner yesterday thanks to Dave's heads-up, joining quite a crowd doing a tremendous amount of buying. We got bottles of BT for $17, OGD114 for $19.10, ERSB for $20.62, and KC for $22.49. When we left, there was some Bookers, Baker's, Basil Hayden, and Hirsch left at 25% off regular price. Also WT101 and OGD BIB. There was some Rittenhouse rye, but only the 80 proof bottling.

Boy, I love a good bargain.

bluesbassdad
07-21-2007, 15:26
Perhaps not to be outdone, Sportsman's Fine Wine and Liquors, up Phoenix way, is having an inventory reduction sale July 26 through July 29. The big print says,

50 % OFF
Regular Retail.

However, the preceding small print says: "Many items are discounted as much as"

A few months back an announcement said that Basha's, a supermarket chain, has bought them. I can't help but wonder whether one or more of the existing four stores will be a victim of consolidation.

I won't be checking this one out, either. At my present rate of consumption, i.e., the amount I'm willing to risk drinking in violation of the warning on my prescription bottle, I now have a 300 year supply of bourbon. Adding to it just doesn't make sense.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield