PDA

View Full Version : Just want to say hello . . .

Lionhoo
10-05-2007, 11:38
Hey folks,

This is my first post on sb.com and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Marshall and I am a bourbonoholic . . .

I'm from the great Commonwealth of Virginia (originally the mountains, now living in Northern VA) and work in DC. I've been drinking bourbon since my days at Mr. Jefferson's University and am also a bit of a cigar aficionado.

Currently my bar includes bottles of Buffalo Trace, Bulleit, Maker's Mark, Jefferson's Reserve, Sazerac Rye, Pappy Van Winkle 12y Lot B and Eagle Rare 12yo. I've also just discovered the elixir of life called the Sazerac cocktail . . . <drool>

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading through these posts and learning as much as I can from ya'll.

Cheers,
Marshall

OscarV
10-05-2007, 11:44
Welcome aboard Marshall.
There a quite a few others here from your area.
I have been around here for about a year and a half and I have learned alot, you came to the right place.

ggilbertva
10-05-2007, 13:13
Marshall,

Welcome to SB. I too live in Northern VA. As I mentioned to Jim, another newby, some of us local SB.comers get together once in a while for tastings so if you're up to it, we'll include you in the next gathering.

Lionhoo
10-06-2007, 07:05
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Greg, definitely keep me informed about the next tasting! I have two good friends who are also bourbon lovers and I'll try to get them to stop sb.com to look around!

Cheers!

jbutler
10-06-2007, 11:41
I'll try to get them to stop sb.com to look around!

Marshall,
There is no stopping sb.com. We are a bourbonian juggernaut. :slappin:

Seriously now, welcome!

Lionhoo
10-06-2007, 14:38
D'oh!!! :rolleyes: Guess I got so excited by the bourbon fumes I forgot to proofread . . . :shocked:

Thanks Jim, I already feel at home. Great place you have here! :lol:

Best,
Marshall