PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Great Bourbon Web Site

cowdery
10-23-2007, 10:42
Buffalo Trace's web site (http://www.greatbourbon.com) for its full line of bourbons has gotten a subtle update recently. Because BT produces so many different brands, I'm glad they're keeping it up-to-date. It's a good way to see, among other things, what they're keeping in general distribution and what might be slated for termination.

For example, Old Charter 8-year-old is the featured Old Charter expression and the only other expression that appears at all is the 10-year-old. The 12- and 13-year-old expressions have disappeared.

Likewise with Virginia Gentleman, only the 90 proof "Fox" is shown, the formerly-standard 80 proof expression is not.

People who have been worried about the continuation of 10-year-old Ancient Ancient Age will be glad to see it represented. (Jim Murray called it "mesmeric.")

gmarston
10-23-2007, 18:55
Or has anybody tried William Larue Walker?
Gordon

SBOmarc
10-23-2007, 19:17
I saw that and actually walked over and checked my bottle.

Jazzhead
10-23-2007, 20:26
Ah, 10yo Ancient Ancient Age! I've had one bottle of that only, unfortately long gone, and it was delicious. Got it in trade from an SB member, and I opened the bottle and toasted the day he dropped by. It didn't last long, and I recall a sweet, drinkable bourbon that I'd love to run into again some day.