PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys

burbankbrewer
01-04-2008, 08:13
Hi everyone I'm Jamie from Burbank, Illinois. Being an avid brewer for 21 yrs. and BJCP judge I'd like to learn more about this majical american spirit and all it's nuances and history. I really enjoy a great Manhattan and now like it even more made with Rye. I'm currently enjoying Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Sazerac 6 yo. Rye and Michter's US1 Single Barrel Rye. I'm trying to get a group together for the 2008 Whiskey Fest in Chicago. That has to be a great time. I hope to meet some of you there. Cheers!

Empty_One
01-04-2008, 10:34
Hi! While I am new also, I figured I'd give you a welcome. After scouring the posts here, this seems to be a great place to learn all about bourbon. Also, living in Milwaukee, Whiskey Fest is nice and close.

ACDetroit
01-07-2008, 17:07
Hey Jamie welcome from way across the lake :grin: ! You have found a great new source on educating yourself on Bourbon and many other liquors if you delve into the other posts! I know I've learned a bunch.

Sounds like you're diggin the Rye's right now and if I may? I'd recommend the Rittenhouse BIB. You can get it in IL and it's very, very affordable!

Enjoy yourself and Cheers!

Tony

Kendall
01-07-2008, 17:29
Welcome. rittenhouse is an excellent value.