PDA

View Full Version : Introductions from VA

Chilled
01-17-2008, 08:57
Well, what can I say. I am a late bloomer into the Whiskey world. In the Last few years I was reintroduced to this wonderful brown liquid and have learned to enjoy it on it's own.
Started w a gifted bottle of Macallan 10 yr. And since then I have started my experimentations. Well, you know where it goes from there.
I am currently sipping 3 bottles, The Macallan 18yr, George T Stagg 2006 Edition and Russel Reserve 101proof. Gotta sip these cause they are hard to find and some are Expensive.
Normal on the bar kept full at all times, JW Black (will be replacing soon), Bushmill original and Elijah Craig 12yr.
Trying out some ryes too.
Nothing like a nice Cup of Whiskey and great cigar to go with it in the evening.

Jono
01-26-2008, 20:49
I like the Macallans...it seems people either love or hate the sherried whiskeys. You might find Bushmills Blackbush a nice ddition or replacement for the straight white label Bushmills. EC 12 is a good choice...the Stagg is a sipper and the RR....nice bold whiskeys.

Everman75
01-27-2008, 15:43
Welcome to the forum. Just tried the RR 101 for the first time myself. Awesome bourbon. Too bad it isn't made anymore. Anyway, welcome aboard. There a lot to learn here.

spun_cookie
01-27-2008, 17:38
Welcome to the group... gotta love that Stagg... Good stuff. I will toast your participation with a little Stagg after I finish this glass of Four Roses :cool:

Virginia_Biker
01-30-2008, 22:35
Well, I'm down at the other end of the 95/64 parking structure masquerading as an interstate. Hola from Hampton Roads.

Chilled
01-31-2008, 13:28
Well, VAbiker, I'm due west 5 hours. Used to live in Hampton roads for awhile. lived in hampton then Newport news and worked in Chesapeake.

So far been gleaning alot of info perusing the forum. Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope to be able to contribute to it.