PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the frigid mid-west

Wasch_24
01-22-2008, 07:37
Hello everyone. My name is Todd and I am relatively new to Bourbon and sipping straight spirits in general. I have spent the last 6 to 8 months acquiring the taste for the alcohol by mixing my whiskey and rum at stronger and stronger levels with my Diet Coke and here I am...thoroughly enjoying the journey of discovering the delights of sipping straight Bourbon.

The few Bourbons I have acquired so far include Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve, Blantons Single Barrel, Pappy Van Winkle Lot 'B', and Wild Turkey 101. I pretty much like them all so far, lol.

I am a very good friend of JWRussell's and see a few other familiar names from the cigar forum I call home.

Anyways, thanks for having me and I look forward to getting to know as many of you as possible during this journey.

Tennessee Dave
01-22-2008, 08:10
Welcome aboard. You can learn a lot here. Great people.

ACDetroit
01-22-2008, 08:12
Welcome!

I had a small sip of some Lot "B" last night myself. Looks like you are getting a little collection going there and a great start.

Hope you enjoy your stay and the educational value of this place it really is amazing!

Enjoy the journey, while never forgetting to stop and nose the bourbon! :grin:

Cheers from a nother mid-westerner! (I think it's the arm pit).

Tony

jwrussell
01-24-2008, 06:58
Oh, don't worry about Todd and "getting a collection going", he's never got a problem with that! :slappin:

Welcome aboard Todd.

Dr. François
02-03-2008, 09:24
Welcome, Todd. It sounds like you've found some great bottles. Have you found a go-to bourbon yet?