PDA

View Full Version : New from South side Chicago.

dece870717
02-13-2008, 18:49
Hi, I'm from the South suburbs of Chicago and have been getting into Bourbon recently. I've had a few good bourbons, my favorites being, Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Russell's Reserve 101, and Eagle Rare 10. I'm considering getting a bottle of Buffalo Trace and Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 15.

Does anyone in the Chicago land area know some good deals? I've found a store that sells Rare Breed for $28, and I'd like to find some more of the Russell's Reserve 101. The only bottle I've found was the last in stock, and cost $40, but I'd like to get some more.

Does anyone have some recommendations? Some other bourbons I liked are Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve, Bulleit, Wild Turkey 101, Jim Beam Black, and Knob Creek.

shyster512
02-13-2008, 18:54
15 Year Pappy is great; I would also recommend 10 year old Old Rip Van Winkle 107 Proof. Excellant bourbon at a reasonable price. Old Weller is very similar.

ggilbertva
02-13-2008, 19:33
Mike offers some good suggestions. Others I would try are Fighting Cock at 103 proof; Rittenhouse Rye BIB; and Very Old Barton BIB.

The VOB BIB is reasonably priced and very good.

By the way....welcome!

tmoreau
02-13-2008, 19:47
See if Binny's has a location near you, in my area (far west suburbs) they have the best selection of whiskey around and pretty much best prices too.