PDA

View Full Version : help me I'm new

Lia
03-30-2008, 16:28
hi all,
Couple of words about me and of course a silly question :-) I'm from far far away, the middle of another continent and I found a bottle of Daviess County Kentucky Straight Whiskey eighty proof form DC 8 21 80, I’m totally new to this, and not much of a whiskey drinker yet, so could you give me any info?
Many thanks
Lia

OscarV
03-30-2008, 16:55
Sounds like an old one.
Does it say distilled in Owensboro?
If so that was made some time ago. I'm sure others here with more historical knowledge can help you.

Lia
03-30-2008, 17:04
thanks :-) I have to check it but I think that it was distilled in Owensboro...

Dr. FranÁois
03-31-2008, 08:59
On what continent are you? We have some enthusiastic bourbon hunters on this site who may pay you a visit if there are more dusty bottles in the middle of nowhere. :)

Welcome!

Lia
03-31-2008, 14:02
the middle of nowhere is Poland, Warsaw, and I don't know what about the rest of the country but that bottle Iíve recently found in letís say something similar to a cocktail cabinet in my apartment in which, btw, I live since I was born :-)

mozilla
04-01-2008, 06:44
Welcome to the board!

If your bottle was produced in Owensboro.....then it was probably made by Charles Medley. I have found his bourbon to be exceptional and very smooth and mellow. It usually seems to be much older than the stated age. I hope you enjoy it.