PDA

View Full Version : A Boston Hello

virtualelvis
06-04-2008, 08:34
Hi All.
I just joined up with Straight Bourbon. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of both scotch and bourbon. At home, my regular bottles are Basil Hayden's, Glenfiddich 15 and Oban. Nothing beats a Jack and Coke with a lime, so I usually have that in stock, too.
I also have a bi-weekly (every two weeks) poker game with other scotch and bourbon enthusiasts. There's always some new interesting beverage at that game to sample and I keep track of our experiences in my blog. Good to know that there's an active community out here though. Looking forward to it!

spun_cookie
06-04-2008, 11:20
Welcoem to the group. You have a few fellas up there and a great whiskey store (Julio's) that has a crazy collection of whiskeys....

A toast to you sir...

virtualelvis
06-04-2008, 11:28
Hmm. Julios? I'll google that. Thanks.

mozilla
06-04-2008, 12:06
Howdy!

Glad you found the place. Hope that you enjoy your time here, and post frequently. Sounds like your group has fun trying new bottles each week. If you like BH and Jack....you might also like Old Grand Dad 86,100 & 114 -or- George Dickle white or black......Both are very tasty and a few $$ less than your regular pours.

Again, welcome to the Board!

fishnbowljoe
06-04-2008, 15:16
Welcome, Let the fun begin. Hope you enjoy it here. I know I sure do. Joe

virtualelvis
06-05-2008, 14:43
I haven't had an Old Grand Dad in a while. A long while. Yep, may have to pick up a bottle. But before I do, I'm going to order a couple of shots at the local watering hole to refresh my memory.

mozilla
06-05-2008, 16:02
Basil Haydens and OGD should be very similar....they come from the same recipe at Beam. The only difference should be age and proof. Hope you enjoy!

StraightBoston
06-06-2008, 10:01
Not a big scotch fan, but I do appreciate that Glenfiddich 15 (maybe it's the bourbon casks!)

Agree with the others that you'll enjoy some of the OGD expressions if you like BH.

And I agree w/Mr. Cookie that you need to check out Julio's in Westboro -- I made my first visit just a week ago and promise to return!

snakster
06-12-2008, 18:24
Welcome aboard sir. A cursory look at your blog looks very interesting. I'll be sure to do some reading there.

JamesW
06-13-2008, 08:55
Welcome and I third that about Julio's in Westboro. Great place to get just about any kind of whiskey. Sign up for their newsletter as they announce 15% off whiskey sales once in a while and that can save you a bunch.