PDA

View Full Version : Going Shopping

fishnbowljoe
06-08-2008, 10:12
It's my birthday today and my wonderful wife surprised me this morning. While having my coffee she asked me if I wanted to go to Everett's to pick out something for my birthday. Everett's is a liquor store about 25 miles away, and it's the closest store to us that has a really good selection of bourbon. This is surprising because my wife's been on me a little bit about all the bourbon I've been buying/trying lately. So, as one not to look a gift horse in the mouth, "We're off to see the wizard." We're gonna hit another place too. Hopefully I'll post with some positive results later today. Joe

CorvallisCracker
06-08-2008, 10:28
Happy Birthday Joe!

Looking forward to hearing about your acquistions.

Tennessee Dave
06-08-2008, 11:28
Happy Birthday Joe!!:toast:

mozilla
06-08-2008, 13:50
I hope you and the wife really enjoy the new bottle. Have a great Birthday!

fishnbowljoe
06-08-2008, 16:18
So much to choose from and not enough money. Everett's had a lot more than I expected today. Had some tough choices. I ended up picking three. One's I didn't get but that are still on my list; VOF, OGD 114, ER 17, WLW, PVW20, Blanton's and Mitchener's. Of the three I purchased, I played it safe with a bottle of W.L. Weller Special Reserve. The other two are a little outside the norm for me. I went with these because I was surprised last week with the bottle of Bulleit I bought.(see my post on the BOTM thread) So without thinking about what I thought, and remembering a lot of comments from postings here at SB.com, I chose a bottle of FRSB, and the biggie (for me anyway), a bottle of GTS @144.8 proof. Wheeeeew!:woohoo: To semi-quote from the old Bartles And Jaymes commercials, "I (we) thank you for your support." You all are great, it sure is a fun ride. Thanks again. Joe

PS Picked up the bottle of Weller Antique earlier this week.

PhilsFan
06-08-2008, 16:39
Happy Birthday, Joe!

-Joe

callmeox
06-08-2008, 16:56
Happy Birthday, Joe!

You made some really good selections.

My birthday is coming up and I've dropped a number of hints that Wild Turkey American Spirit is readily available at my favorite store. (fingers crossed)

ACDetroit
06-08-2008, 17:00
Happy Birthday Joe! That FRoses Single Barrel is one of my favorites and the Stagg well you can't go wrong! I think you made some great Birthday choices.

Cheers!
AC

Barrel_Proof
06-08-2008, 17:27
I played it safe with a bottle of W.L. Weller Special Reserve. ... I chose a bottle of FRSB, and the biggie (for me anyway), a bottle of GTS @144.8 proof. Wheeeeew!

Reads like a good good lesson to us all! Well done, coach!

Happy Birthday!

gblick
06-08-2008, 17:43
Happy Birthday!
Looks like you got some great bottles. The liquor stores here in Texas are closed on Sundays.

fishnbowljoe
06-08-2008, 22:18
Thanks everyone. It was a good day.:cool: Joe

fishnbowljoe
06-15-2008, 20:17
What a streak I've had lately. Was down in Bloomington Illinois over the weekend. Had some free time and hit a couple of liquor stores. Found heaven on earth in a store called Friar Tucks. They had the best bourbon selection of any liquor store I've ever been in. They had the Jim Beam 8 Star blended whiskey, and Rittenhouse 23 yr old Rye in the numbered bottle, and virtually everything in between. I'm serious. Pretty much everything! The only thing I couldn't find was Lot B and Pappy 23. But they had 12 bottles of Pappy 20 and 12 bottles of Pappy 15! Bought a bottle of Ancient Ancient Age and 2 bottles of Pappy 15. As stated in "What Did You Purchase Today?" thread, I finally found my Pappy. Hope my luck continues. Joe

PS Happy Father's Day To Me!:woohoo:

marco246
06-15-2008, 20:58
Joe,

Happy birthday AND happy father's day. I envy you the wonderful inventories of bourbon to select from. Been doing some research into what is available on my island, and it's a fairly depressing story. Will file a report in a few days. . . .

Cheers,
Mark