What bourbon can you not pass up??

sotnsipper
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have been reading what everyone has had to pass up and it has me thinking, is there one bottle you can absolutely not pass up? Maybe it is a dusty, a discontinued bottle, something you find on an out of town trip, or your everyday pour. Ever since I have tried it, I always grab a bottle of Weller Antique 107 when I go shopping.

My choices will sound rather pedestrian to many here, but both fall into the "out of town trip" category in that I cannot get either here. The first you've already mentioned: Weller Antique 107. The other is Old Grand-Dad BIB. The first time I tried the latter, I literally recoiled from the glass and thought, "What the ...?!?" But it quickly grew on me, and is now one of my favorite pours.

Larry

Old Grand-Dad BIB. The first time I tried the latter, I literally recoiled from the glass and thought, "What the ...?!?" But it quickly grew on me, and is now one of my favorite pours.

Hear that, Ben? That's your favorite!:lol:

Here are bottles that I will not pass on, unless the price is just outrageous:

ORVW 15/107

Weller Antique from Louisville

Weller Centennial from Louisville

Old Fitz BIB from DSP-KY-16

Old Grand Dad BIB from DSP-KY-14

WTRR101

WT 12

Gus, part of my list is the same:

ND OGD (in order of preference: BIB, 114, 86, but all are good)

WTRR101

ND Old Taylor

OC12

WT12

ORVW15/107

Yes, all dusties. Current production I can generally ignore, though Handy, VWFRR, and ETL at less-than-outrageous prices are hard to pass up.

Regards,

Tim

Hear that, Ben? That's your favorite!:lol:

Oh you better believe I said "What The..."

I was pissed someone put turpentine in my liquor bottle.

I want to give it another shot, but there is no way I am ever buying another bottle.

Here are bottles that I will not pass on, unless the price is just outrageous:

ORVW 15/107

Weller Antique from Louisville

Weller Centennial from Louisville

Old Fitz BIB from DSP-KY-16

Old Grand Dad BIB from DSP-KY-14

WTRR101

WT 12

I take most anything old that suits my fancy, most of the Van Winkle products withing reasonable price limits and bottles I cannot find in SoFla.

The dusties go without saying. I'm going to pick up just about any of those. Particularly WT12, BHC, ND OGD's, etc. But, as for everyday releases, I can't seem to keep my paws off of Weller 12 and ETL. Even if I have them in sufficient quantity back home, and will be back in the area before mine are gone, I still pick them up.

My choices will sound rather pedestrian to many here, but both fall into the "out of town trip" category in that I cannot get either here. The first you've already mentioned: Weller Antique 107. The other is Old Grand-Dad BIB. The first time I tried the latter, I literally recoiled from the glass and thought, "What the ...?!?" But it quickly grew on me, and is now one of my favorite pours.

Larry

if i searched here for my inititial response, it was about the same! then it 'opened up'.... a bit of chocolate melted on the tongue added an interesting depth and appreciation for it's unique flavor.

but back on topic.

if certain bottlings are on SALE, i will not fail to grab:

WT Rye

Weller Antique

EC12

when in Elsmere, DE, i'll always grab the Old Overholt at $10.99

and at Total Wine, the Benchmark at $9.99.

of course, i've learned my lesson...i will ALWAYS grab STAGG or Handy SAZ whenever i see them. no second thinking!

is there one bottle you can absolutely not pass up?

Free bourbon...especially free bourbon poured by a friend...gets me every time:cool:

Free bourbon...especially free bourbon poured by a friend...gets me every time:cool:

Okay, Timothy, here's the unanswered question Howie and I had: what's your preference:

Good Friends and Mediocre Bourbon

or

Good Bourbon and Mediocre Friends?

Roger

PS - You're welcome at my house either way...

What bourbon can I not pass up?

If it says bourbon, bond, and has a strip of paper over the top, I'm buying.

Roger

Ditto. Especially if it's an orange colored label.

Bourbon on SALE.

Dusty bourbon on SALE.

Did I leave anything out? Let's see......SALE and SALE. Nope, that pretty much sums me up.

Sale is good, but I agree with barturtle....free is better!:slappin:

I'm sold on the latest Willett offerrings. I'd love to find the 12yr or better for sale.

Bourbon on SALE.

Dusty bourbon on SALE.

Did I leave anything out? Let's see......SALE and SALE. Nope, that pretty much sums me up.

I'm with Moz on this one.

Dusty = Buy it!

Sale = Consider it.

And I'm always looking for hard-to-get miniatures and small sizes. BB

It's hard for me to pass up anything with Weller, or Eagle Rare on it. Especially Centennial and ER 101. Joe

Okay, Timothy, here's the unanswered question Howie and I had: what's your preference:

Good Friends and Mediocre Bourbon

or

Good Bourbon and Mediocre Friends?

Roger

PS - You're welcome at my house either way...

Somehow I missed your response...

There is no such thing as a mediocre bourbon, when it is poured by a good friend; nor is someone who pours good bourbon merely a mediocre friend.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.