Availability of Pappy 15?

Klepackage
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Is anyone else having trouble finding some PVW 15?

I've seen a lot of 23 years and I know of a few 20s, but in Colorado, I can't seem to find a 15 year to save my life. Lot B is a bit easier to come by as well. I wish I could trade some of CO's BTAC stock for some local Pappy. :(

Yeah, I can't really find the 15 any place by me these days and the few times I've seen it around it's disappeared pretty quick. The PVW bottles continue to grow in popularity and most people probably buy the cheapest expression they can find. Usually all of the 23's are still sitting there long after the 15's and 20's sell out (which usually sell out shortly after the 15's...). Get a VWSR12 ("Lot B.") or, better yet, treat yourself to a 20. :] Most will probably disagree but I think they're both a lot better than the 15.

If you're really desperate for a bottle and have a deep pocket i've seen a big ticketed one on a unmentionable auction site for purchase. :shithappens:

I've tried all of the Van Winkle products and I've got two Lot B's at home. I'll be picking up some ORVW 107 tomorrow.

I prefer the 15 to the 20, but neither are bad. Right now, if I spend 60+ on a bottle, it's going to be a Stagg or Handy.

The 15'2 are the rarest of the VW's in my area and I would contend the best of the bunch. Next it's the 20, lot B and then 10/107. IMO of course.

My list of rarity is this:

PVW 15

PVW 20

ORVW 107

Lot B

PVW 23

the 15 is hard, as is the 13 year old rye. Scarcity of AAA bothers me the most.

• 3 weeks later...

My local store had a case of Pappy 15 on order since November - yesterday they got three bottles - now they have two :grin:

My preferred source in California just received a little less than a case, as well as some Pappy 20yo and ORVW 10/107 (I've only seen the 90 proof up until now).

I picked up six Pappy 15's and three 10/107's :70358-devil:.

A couple stores ended up with some PVW 15 recently. I actually bought 4 from one store and realized I was charged for the ORVW 10/107 instead of the actual price for the PVW. I saved about $20 per bottle.

Most of the liquor stores that I frequent seem to have gotten recent shipments of the PVW 15. I don't know if this is unique to Colorado or not.

Traver let me know of two places in Denver that had some, I found mine at a third location. I would suspect that Daveco and other large stores also got a few bottles.

I have no idea if they did a small release or if the CO distributor was just rationing their remaining stock.

Talked to one of my local spirits mongers tonight... he said the VW expressions become available "periodically", without warning or apparent consistency.

Haven't seen it in Chicago anywhere (including the one store that supoosedly had it but didn't stock it because it wasn't popular (???) and said they could order it...

Just wondering how much it is in other places/cities/states?

What might I expect to pay? I'm guessing high $40's?

Anyone have some price info?

I bought a bottle a few weeks ago for $44.99, but that was a deal that is becoming harder and harder to find in these parts. There is one store I frequent that almost always has it in stock, but the price has been creeping up and is now at about $52.99 last time I checked.

From everyone's impressions, it just sounds like Colorado got a quick burst of PVW 15.

In my travels, I find the 15 yr to be the hardest to locate. The 20 yr the easiest. Go figure. Lot B can be tough to find, too. The 23's at $299 seem in good supply. ;)

BTW folks, Downtown D just put the rest of us to shame. "A girlfriend of mine picked one (Pappy 15) Up for me at Argonauts in Denver-metro today..."

Firstly, "A girlfriend" sounds to me like he has more than one.

Secondly, his girlfriends hunt and buy Pappy for him. :bowdown:

Well Done, D. Very well done. :cool:

:toast:

No points on the first one, I have lots of girlfriends...note the lower case spelling, as in a description not a Title, which would be capitalized.

Downtown D may also be a woman which makes the "girlfriend" comment not such a big deal.

;)

yes, I'm a guy, and yes I date a few different women (gasp) - some of whom enjoy drinking whiskey with me and as such are constantly on the lookout for my favorites whenever they're running their own errands.

as it happens - I'm 39 and look more like I'm between 29 and 19, plus I snowboard and longboard and rockclimb and mountainbike, which tends to help out with the girls even more now that I'm older and wiser.

while it may sound like I'm trying to impress, I'm not... truthfully I'd trade them all for the love of one I'd want to spend my life with - but until I meet one like that I'll keep dating the lot of them and having tons of fun.

woe is me, I know. ;)

btw - if we ever meet you'll find that I'm not the arrogant sort, nor do I think I'm some super cool whatever... I'm just me, doing my thing, and didn't think anything of what I wrote until the related comments.

sorry for the thread drift.

-D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.