Availability of Pappy 15?

Klepackage
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

;)

yes, I'm a guy, and yes I date a few different women (gasp) - some of whom enjoy drinking whiskey with me and as such are constantly on the lookout for my favorites whenever they're running their own errands.

as it happens - I'm 39 and look more like I'm between 29 and 19, plus I snowboard and longboard and rockclimb and mountainbike, which tends to help out with the girls even more now that I'm older and wiser.

while it may sound like I'm trying to impress, I'm not... truthfully I'd trade them all for the love of one I'd want to spend my life with - but until I meet one like that I'll keep dating the lot of them and having tons of fun.

woe is me, I know. ;)

btw - if we ever meet you'll find that I'm not the arrogant sort, nor do I think I'm some super cool whatever... I'm just me, doing my thing, and didn't think anything of what I wrote until the related comments.

sorry for the thread drift.

-D

Don't feel bad I didn't find the ONE until late in life when we got married I was 46 she was 31 after 2 1/2 years so far so good. Good luck finding the ONE but it's kinda like bourbon the funs in the search. The final reward is in the end result.

Back to the topic...

Local liquor store said they may get Pappy 15 in soon but didn't know how much it would be. We'll see if it shows up or it's just another liquor store guy who think he can order anything he wants and it will show up.

ok the calls from several places are coming in. Looks like Pappy has hit the shelves again, but in much smaller quantities then last.

and the price has jumped in CT from last fall release. . . :smiley_acbt:

PVW 15 was $59... now $70

ORVW 10/107 ... was $29 .. now $38+

Lot B is still around $52 ish

I called my stores back that were kind enough to hold some for me before even asking, and told them I will pass for now.

I have enough bunkered and I am enjoying finding much cheaper but delicous whiskey.

That's in line with the prices here now. My usual haunt had plenty of Lot B and Pappy 15 last time I checked, but someone(s) cleared out the entire supply of ORVW 10/107 in the span of 3 days.:skep:

yeah.. i figured that these prices are prob in line with other places. but with what i have on hand, I figured I would pass.. though one more Lot B might find its way home with me today.

Last night I decided to pin Lot B against PVW 15. I have been REALLY enjoying Lot Bs profile as of late and hadn't had a taste of PVW 15 in awhile.

I have to say. Altough different profiles all together.. judging on enjoyment factor compared to price... I couldn't justify the extra $20 for another PVW 15.

Winkles on hand:

7 ORVW 10/107

5 PVW 15

4 1/2 Lot B

1 PVW 20

PVW 15 was $59... now $70

ORVW 10/107 ... was $29 .. now $38+

Lot B is still around $52 ish

Those prices are ridiculous. The CO prices I've seen are

PVW 15 ~$55 (this varies the most)

ORVW 10/107 $33 ($27 for the 10/90)

Lot B ~$45 (almost always $10 cheaper than the PVW 15)

I was lucky though, 4 of my PVW 15 was priced as ORVW 10/107, so $33 a bottle and my last 6 ORVW 10/107 were priced as the 10/90 so, $27 a bottle. Spending $294 on VW whiskey instead of $410 is awesome.

Winkles on hand:

7 ORVW 10/107

5 PVW 15

4 1/2 Lot B

1 PVW 20

I'm currently at

9 ORVW 10/107 (one open)

4 ORVW 10/90 (one open)

5 PVW 15 (one open)

2 Lot B (one open)

1 PVW 20

Met someone who works for the distibutor at Whiskyfest and he said there has been some released in Chicago.

I was able to find a bottle and opened it up Sunday at a family party. Nice!

What I found interesting was that it appeared to be bottled about 11/1/08.

I think that's part of what erks me.. I am pretty sure this release is the exact same juice from the last release in fall 08. I just don't understand the hike in price. not good

The spring release prices here are;

ORVW 90 31.99

ORVW 107 36.99

LOT B 46.99

PAPPY 15 61.99

PAPPY 20 101.99

PAPPY 23 230-249.99

The 20 AND 23 are still on the shelf but the others are sold out. Any increase here is minimal and well worth it for a great bourbon. tim

The spring release prices here are;

ORVW 90 31.99

ORVW 107 36.99

LOT B 46.99

PAPPY 15 61.99

PAPPY 20 101.99

PAPPY 23 230-249.99

I actually don't think I would pull the trigger on any of those at those prices. The ORVW 90 is particularly over priced at 31.99.

I actually don't think I would pull the trigger on any of those at those prices. The ORVW 90 is particularly over priced at 31.99.

Lot B at 46.99?, here in MI state min is 54.95 and most places have it well above 60.00.

I'll take a case at 46.99.

I wish there was still a case here to be had. Seven stores and 3 hours later only 3 lot B's found. Hope you have better luck. tim

I got a lot B could find a a 15 so I settled for a 20. Judging from what others have said on here the 15 is better than the 20.

I got a lot B could find a a 15 so I settled for a 20. Judging from what others have said on here the 15 is better than the 20.

Should be couldn't find a 15

Depends on the store. One store in Rahway really jacked up their prices, but it's been hit/miss on that in Union County NJ. Here is what I am generally seeing:

ORVW 107 Low 30s

LOT B mid 40s

PAPPY 15 low 50s

PAPPY 20 100

PAPPY 23 200

The place that I work in Ft Worth just got some in today. A full case each of 12, 15 and 20 but only a few bottles each of FRR and 10yr 107. Since this stuff comes in so randomly I wonder if this is part of the "spring release" or just some stuff that the dist found sitting around somewhere. There are only a couple of other places in the area that usually get this so I'll have to find out if they have received any or if ours was just a fluke.

I love the Van Winkle line and have been trying to get some VW 15. The only place I have found it is an online liquor store in San Francisco for about $75.

I tried it in the Bellagio in Vegas for $8 an ounce....it was worth it.

Gordon's has it on-line for $36.00. They're

located in MA. Check the list of states on

their "no ship" list before you get your hopes

up.

Check: tinyurl.com/dhnexz

Gordon's has it on-line for $36.00. They're

located in MA. Check the list of states on

their "no ship" list before you get your hopes

up.

Check: tinyurl.com/dhnexz

I think that's been "corrected" since your post yesterday.

I tried it in the Bellagio in Vegas for $8 an ounce....it was worth it.

They wanted $26 for a (admittedly healthy) pour at Wynn's Encore.

Should have just put some money in one of the machines at the bar and played for a minute, then it would have been free. I put $20 in, had a pour of VWFRR, got another then cashed out right away (I don't know how to play poker and none of them have blackjack so I just played slow on the smallest bets possible, the drinks were still cheaper than regular brands at a regular bar.) and went to a slot machine with the second drink. I think the PVW20 is the only thing that they won't comp there.

I tried that the Empress or New York New York (can't remember which one)...all I got was the house hootch...I had to buy premium brand...

Here in Chicago Pappy goes for:

Pappy 15yr $49.95

Pappy 20yr $99.95

Pappy 23yr $219.95

I'm thinking about picking up a Pappy 20yr to put in the bunker. I'm a novice bourbon drinker but I've been practicing a bit of late. I've mostly been drinking Elmer T. Lee and Four Roses Small Batch...my palet isn't developed enough yet to appreciate the Pappy 20yr but it's bottle that I want to have for a later date.:grin:

The rep at the store suggested Eagle Rare 17 year...I have the 10 year here but I haven't opened it yet...he said the 17 year is far superior to the 10 year...17 year goes for $64.95...thoughts?

I got my VW lot B and PVW 20 in the mail the other day. I plan on having my first pour of VW lot B while in chat tonight.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.