2009 Btac

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It arrived today in southern MI. Picked up a couple Stagg and an ER. I just opened the ER and my first impression wasn't good - the cork top snapped right off, leaving most of the stopper in the bottle. But I am now enjoying my first glass and it is very nice. They ran ~$69 a bottle here.

Craig

Cas,

Please call our cusotmer Service department, 1-866-729-3722, and Linda will take your address and send you a new cork. I would do it but the procedures are in place to get it done faster through our service department. Also please save the cork if you haven't thrown it away. we would like to get it back for failure analysis.

Thanks,

Etohchem.

• 2 months later...

Had to make a run late last evening for my wife to secure some Asti that she was craving and saw some 2009 releases of Saz 18. This is a rather small town store with fairly good selection but never much quantity of inventory. Anyhow, of the other BTACs he has, all are $65-69 but these 3 bottles of Saz were marked $54.99....probably mis-priced in my opinion. Are these something I should grab? I know Saz 18's image and tasting notes/opinions have diminished somewhat since the 06 stainless tanking.....but, this is yesterday's price for BTAC.....tempting.....anybody looking for one that I could help?

I have not bought any since the 06 release due to the tanking and what I've read herein....however, hard to pass up at that price. I probably won't be back thru that town until mon-tues but I doubt they will go anywhere in that locale.

Had to make a run late last evening for my wife to secure some Asti that she was craving and saw some 2009 releases of Saz 18. This is a rather small town store with fairly good selection but never much quantity of inventory. Anyhow, of the other BTACs he has, all are $65-69 but these 3 bottles of Saz were marked $54.99....probably mis-priced in my opinion. Are these something I should grab? I know Saz 18's image and tasting notes/opinions have diminished somewhat since the 06 stainless tanking.....but, this is yesterday's price for BTAC.....tempting.....anybody looking for one that I could help?

I have not bought any since the 06 release due to the tanking and what I've read herein....however, hard to pass up at that price. I probably won't be back thru that town until mon-tues but I doubt they will go anywhere in that locale.

I would snag a bottle of that if I were you, just my opinion.

I would snag a bottle of that if I were you, just my opinion.

Yeah, kinda hard to pass up at that price....however, not too many miles away are a few VWFRR for $5-10 less and quite likely judged better by many folk as compared to recent years of Saz 18 - from what I have read herein.

Yeah, kinda hard to pass up at that price....however, not too many miles away are a few VWFRR for $5-10 less and quite likely judged better by many folk as compared to recent years of Saz 18 - from what I have read herein.

If I had to make that decision I would go clean out the VWFRR. I prefer the taste, and the price is right.

• 2 weeks later...

How many folks have had a chance to try these now?

John Hansell thinks the 2009 ER17 is not as good as the 2008 version. Agree? Disagree?

Well, I have foudn the highest price I have seen to date. The Beverage House here in Tucson has a few of each of the 2009 BTACS for the low-low price of....

$111.09 each. ... and yes it is .09, not .99.

At that price I can fly to Virginia, but a case of each, ship them back and still come out ahead....

Well, I have foudn the highest price I have seen to date. The Beverage House here in Tucson has a few of each of the 2009 BTACS for the low-low price of....

$111.09 each. ... and yes it is .09, not .99.

At that price I can fly to Virginia, but a case of each, ship them back and still come out ahead....

Wow.....unbelievable.....don't blame you - fly to VA....better yet, TX, LA & TN are closer....have not seen them top $75 in TN...yet. Is there any end in sight? I thought we were in midst of a recession, but, prices keep going up, up & away!!! $#*%!! *@#*&!!! ^&@*#!!!!

How many folks have had a chance to try these now?

John Hansell thinks the 2009 ER17 is not as good as the 2008 version. Agree? Disagree?

Scott, I haven't had a chance to try them but know a lot of people have mentioned the '08 is very good.

Scott, I haven't had a chance to try them but know a lot of people have mentioned the '08 is very good.

Yeah. The thing is, we didn't get any of that here in OR. The only 2008 BTACs we got here were the GTS, WLW and Handy.

Apparently we did get some of the 2009 ER 17, because I encountered a bottle yesterday. Having just dropped $98 on a bottle of Germain-Robin XO (which goes to $114 on Monday), I coudn't talk myself into it. I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.