Buffalo Trace "New Offerings" taste today 8/14

sysrick
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Buffalo Trace Distillery as seen from the Kentucky River. Another one of BT's big plans is to enhance the river front and make it more available for recreational use. The locks on the Kentucky are non-functional, so it's not navigable. It's a series of pools to which boats are driven.

Combine this picture with the high water markings from earlier floods on the side of one of the distillery buildings and it really gives some perspective on the sheer volume of water that the river was carrying.

Buffalo Trace Distillery as seen from the Kentucky River. Another one of BT's big plans is to enhance the river front and make it more available for recreational use. The locks on the Kentucky are non-functional, so it's not navigable. It's a series of pools to which boats are driven.

Are they still pondering this? Mark Brown mentioned this a couple years back, and it seemed like a great idea to clean up and utilize that area. I asked a tour guide about it this past spring and I got the impression they had thought better of the idea since anything they did on that river bank would be swept away every year (or couple years) in the huge floods they have through there.

Either Stuart amuses Amy or Amy amuses Stuart.

I showed my wife the pic of the lady with the yellow tank top on and she thought it was her.

Doppelganger all the way.

I showed my wife the pic of the lady with the yellow tank top on and she thought it was her.

No way!!!!!!!!

But if it was that way then that would be the way that I'd want to travel.

Are they still pondering this? Mark Brown mentioned this a couple years back, and it seemed like a great idea to clean up and utilize that area. I asked a tour guide about it this past spring and I got the impression they had thought better of the idea since anything they did on that river bank would be swept away every year (or couple years) in the huge floods they have through there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.