Wild Emerald XXX yr

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Oscar... got some of this juice from the Eman.... damn good stuff for such a short rebarrel....

I got a 200ml flask in the mail yesterday from Emerald.

I thought it was WT 86.8 from the 1980's, or maybe WT Old No 8 Brand from the mid '90's.

Both of these are favorites of mine and Em.

About half way through the flask I wondered why he sent it to me and then I remembered his Wild Emerald XXX that he has been aging.

I poured a current WT 101 for a side-by-side (btw the current 101 has improved) and although there was no comparison I knew it was his barrel.

Emerald, you did a damn good job!

If this is what you barreled on January 6 you got some super Turkey coming in another month or two.

Like I said I thought it was 86.8 or No 8. Awesome!

How warm has it been where you are storing it since January?

I'm thinking it'll be to hot this summer.

Oscar... got some of this juice from the Eman.... damn good stuff for such a short rebarrel....

Thank you gents,

Well you know, it was my mastered ability to pour in some juice, wait and pour it out when it tasted good :)

I only had it in there for about 2.5 months. Really no skills involved in it at all... Wild Turkey starts off with a good juice, this just emphasizes they need to leave it in the barrel another year or so and it would be far better.

This next blend of WT101 and OC 12yr (4:2) should be fun.

I'm with Oscar and Reid- this stuff was good. I've never had a chance to try the older Eight Sixty-Eight, or the Old Number Eight, but this stuff was good. If I hadn't known it was originally WT101, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have pegged it as that at all.

I've had a bit of experience with some of the better turkey products out there, and there was definitely a turkey profile. perhaps the nut part of it was more enhanced... whatever the case, it's good whiskey- much better than the WT101 and this is definitely something I will be doing in the future.

• 5 months later...

For my birthday today my wife gave me among other things a 5 Liter barrel. I was surprised to say the the least she does listen to my bourbon talk from time to time. I think I will put WT 101 rye in this. What do you think?

Let me know if there is anything I need to know before starting this project.

Thanks Paul

For my birthday today my wife gave me among other things a 5 Liter barrel. I was surprised to say the the least she does listen to my bourbon talk from time to time. I think I will put WT 101 rye in this. What do you think?

Thanks Paul

Make sure you soak that barrell first, or she'll drink your bourbon up pretty quick. I'm at about a year on my wasmunds aging, and it is getting tasty.

Thanks Paul

Wives are always listening when we assume they aren't.

Children, on the other hand...

They must be I'll have to remember that.

Hey Em, you got any more of this Wild Emerald XXX?

Us MI guys could always use more good bourbon.

This is the juice that the kids that broke in and drained on the floor. I did not get much either.

This is the juice that the kids that broke in and drained on the floor. I did not get much either.

Looks like Wild Emerald XXX Cask II is calling to be made!!:cool:

I still have about 25ml....... a far cry better then any rebarrel I have done.

Looks like Wild Emerald XXX Cask II is calling to be made!!:cool:

Tis is and tis done. 6 months of 60% WT 101 and 40 %OC12 year. Damn good... I will get some out to the MI dog, FL pup and the Virg Big Daddy...

Some people broke into his house to pour it out ....... tell you anything?

WT corporate ninjas!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.