Favorite Gin?

RamblinWreck007
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Now, man does not live on whiskey alone.

No, there are cocktails to be drunk as well. Especially martinis. So, what's your favorite juniper-based GNS at the moment?

Mine: widely available would be Bombay Regular or Beefeater. Both great in martinis

Limited availability: Junipero (by Anchor Steam in SF) and Gale Force Gin (made by Triple 8 Distillers on the island of Nantucket, MA) These are fine in drinks, but I actually recommend them plain on the rocks or with a few dashes of bitters stirred in.

[Though for something like a GnT or a Gimlit, an unapologetic gin like Gordon's is best IMO]

I like Sapphire a lot myself.

For a Tom Collins and a G & T I like this bottle I just picked up of Knickerbocker Gin made (or sold anyway) by New Holland microbrewery. Otherwiswe, I'll just use the standard Bombay or Taqueray.

For martinis, I really REALLY like a brand called Miller's. It has a great caraway scent to it and makes the best damn martinis I've ever had. It blows in a G & T though, strangely enough.

I've tried the common gins out there, but I like Plymouth...Not much of a martini guy...Just enjoy it on the rocks.

I am apparently odd in that I prefer regular Bombay to the Sapphire. My longtime favorite, though, is (regular) Beefeater. And my third favorite is (regular) Tanqueray.

I think the upscale, modern gins have a sweeter taste to appeal to the younger crowd. I prefer the traditional formulations.

Tim

I like my Martini's and Gin is essential.

Old Raj is my new favorite.

Drank it straight, chilled, up, No fruit or veggies. Amazing aroma, sl yellow color. Juniper, front and center. Botanical background.

http://cocktailhacker.com/?p=673

Review Here.

Another I like is Martin Miller's: Dominant Citrus Notes.

Secret martini ingredient: 1/2 drop of Lee and Perrins Worcestershire. Not a dash or a shake.

For a Gibson - I like Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire - but the onions have to be good and crisp.

Hendricks on the rocks is good with either a lime or a slice of cucumber

I like the Bombay Sapphire. Been drinking that since its introduction.

My wife likes the oude type g(j)enever. Unfortunately, neither the Genevieve nor the Boosma are sold in Oregon. We're limited to Zuidam ($66) or Bols ($48).

My wife likes the oude type g(j)enever. Unfortunately, neither the Genevieve nor the Boosma are sold in Oregon. We're limited to Zuidam ($66) or Bols ($48).

I should add that in the states where they're available, the Boosma and Genevieve are both about $30.

When I drink Gin I like Hendricks.

I like Hendrix even when I don't drink gin.

I like gin just about as well as I like bourbon, although living in a control state means I'm mostly limited to the mainstream brands. Gin sharpens my appetite as no other distilled spirit can, so I particularly enjoy a couple fingers before dinner. I drink it on the rocks, usually with a couple olives.

Plymouth is probably my favorite brand, although I can't get it here, so I most often buy Tanqueray. The two brands I have open at the moment are Beefeater and Hendrick's.

Larry

I had some Knickerbocker Gin from New Holland last night, and really loved it. I've also been enjoying Ransom Old Tom Gin. Barrel aged and a nice twist for me.

Seconded on the Seagram's Distiller's Reserve, along with Beefeaters. I like Broker's, too. 80 proof gin won't do.

I can drink many different gins, but my favorite is Bombay Saphire, especially in a Martini.

Joe :usflag:

If I am not drinking our stuff, I like Hendricks as well.

-bk

I really liked the Corsair Gin samples that we tried. You guys are doing a great job. :grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.