What are you drinking Spring 2010?

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

i finished off the Hirsch reserve last night. i love this Wathen's too much to finish that bottle, so i guess its time to go searching at the liquor stores again.

I enjoyed a couple of drinks yesterday. Started off with a Charter 101 and DC. From there, I moved on to a SB Jefferson's from Julio's and finished the night with a '95 OWA.

Getting HEAVILY intoxicated with VOBBIB tonight. This stuff gets better and better the more you drink. I may surpass this bottle and move onto another bottle of the same. $110/case in these parts. Which equates to a cupboard full of it.

I had the last out of my mellow corn BIB bottle before dinner yesterday. I have come to like it in the end. Quit different from bourbon but sweet, chewy and very mellow as the label suggest. Then WT 8 export with the last red current pie for dessert. It was the best substitute for JDSS so far. Later at night I had a pour of WLW 2009. The finish did seem never-ending this night.

Leif

Last night it was my favorite value pours, both showing excellent results from some air in the bottle.

OWA NAS

OGD 114

'08 ER 17 smuggled into class in a water bottle. I'm finding that my former affinity for this mashbill is evaporating faster than a drop of Stagg spilled onto a hot Detroit sidewalk in July.:grin:

I am drinking <sluuuurp /> a glass <sluuuurp /> of <yum /> Thomas <sluuuurp /> Handy Saz <yum/> erac <sluuuurp />.

I like it!

:bowdown:

Whoa, Nellie!!!! Did we just have a Thunderboomer storm!!! Watched the festivities from the garage, with an OCPR squatter and 4RSmB. After watching the show, I feel very insignificant...

Went to watch my bowling buddies play bocce ball tonight. Had some WT 101, and somehow, some 05 WLW also showed up. :grin: Needless to say, it was a good night. Joe

Went to watch my bowling buddies play bocce ball tonight. Had some WT 101, and somehow, some 05 WLW also showed up. :grin: Needless to say, it was a good night. Joe

In the summertime here are a group of guys in downtown Detroit who play Pétanque in Cadillac Square. It's similar to Bocce, but French, appropriately enough for Detroit. I've always wanted to learn to play, but I don't think I'm old enough:grin: .

Anyway, I'm enjoying some unaged corn spirit (they don't call it whiskey), cut down to 100 proof. It's quite good. It does something weird in the glass, though. It gets these fast thin legs, but then these tiny droplets are left all over the glass. It's pretty in a way, but still odd.

Well, I sprung for the Corner's Creek, it's about $50 (import to Ontario). It is not bad, but rather expensive in my view for what you get. The taste is soft and sweet, with corn flavours quite in evidence. Nice bourbon, of about 4-5 years (from what I can tell), but not what I expected. It seems different though to the ones of some years ago, fuller and not as thin and dry. I could see this taking another year or two in wood to reach the point I like in bourbon. Still, it will be appreciated, and is e.g., the type of bourbon that some fresh mint would do wonders for.

Gary

Doing a side by side of FRSB OESO courtesy of Oscar, and a Bourbon's Bistro OESK. It's amazing how different they are. The OESO is very fruity in comparison. Both are excellent.

a bit ago I had a small amount of Wild Turkey Rare breed 1996. Easy to drink stuff. I'm about to go for steak with the wife, I'll make sure to peruse the bar's selection there. Seeing as how I am in the tequila capital of the US, it probably won't be much!

Tonight it was some 09 WLW followed by some OWA NAS.

I did allow for a bit of an impromptu mingling in honor of Gary G as I allowed some WLW to remain in the glass before I poured in the OWA. I must say that it was still quite tasty.

Tonight it was some 09 WLW followed by some OWA NAS.

I did allow for a bit of an impromptu mingling in honor of Gary G as I allowed some WLW to remain in the glass before I poured in the OWA. I must say that it was still quite tasty.

I did have uncut 13 years HH from before dinner and WLW 2009 after yesterday. I didn’t really like that first pour out of 13, but all other Cadenheads I have had has improved a lot by oxidation so I hope this one goes the same way.

Leif

I've been accumulating a little stash of the 86 proof Frankfort/Clermont Old Taylor. 89 or 90 dates on the bottom. Finally decided that I'd better pop one and see what I thought. Wow! By far, the best sub-90 proofer I've had yet.

I definately see the butterscotch/caramel that so many others have mentioned. Just right for times when I'd like a drink, but don't want the kick of higher-proof alternatives. Probably ideal for a nightcap.

Man, I wish someone would release something today with this flavor profile. What a gem!

Going down my currently open Weller line. Right now, it only consists of SR and OWA NAS. I still have 2 09WLWs that somehow, someway, have not been touched for months. I remember the last one being so good, I can't bring myself to open it. I've got a trip to the Outer Banks planned for mid July, and one of them is coming with me, along with a PVW15 and a VWFRR. I've gotta hold out until then. As the bunker grows, it gets easier and easier to hang on to good bottles for much much longer, evidently.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!