What are you drinking Spring 2010?

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I haven't had anything yet today but I do plan on doing some Turkey hunting tonight...I'm thinking of shooting a glass or two of WTKS Pewter Top! :bowdown:

I haven't had anything yet today but I do plan on doing some Turkey hunting tonight...I'm thinking of shooting a glass or two of WTKS Pewter Top! :bowdown:

You're early and you're not even drinking. Sheez.

You're early and you're not even drinking. Sheez.

Yeah, and ya didn't put "bourbon" in the thread title.:grin:

Oh well Scott, what can we do?:grin:

I think I'll have some Wild Turkey Tradition 14yo.

I'm having a Founders KBS. It's the real deal. Strong coffee and chocolate notes.

I knew Scott would be all over the OP on this one. Ever since he made the post about when Spring actually starts, I knew he was on the edge of his seat !!!! and I knew someone would walk right into it !!!:slappin: :slappin: :slappin:

If it pleases the Cracker, I'd like to state that I am drinking some UD Old Charter 10. Very nice in my Diet Coke....:grin:

opened the Rip vanWinkle 23. very good. smoother vanilla/carmel nose after several minutes in the glass.

gonna have to put it side by side with Pappy 20 and 23 one day

I knew Scott would be all over the OP on this one. Ever since he made the post about when Spring actually starts, I knew he was on the edge of his seat !!!! and I knew someone would walk right into it !!!:slappin: :slappin: :slappin:

If it pleases the Cracker, I'd like to state that I am drinking some UD Old Charter 10. Very nice in my Diet Coke....:grin:

How did I get involved in this? I don't remember posting to that thread.

UD Old Charter 10? I have some of that, but for the life of me I can't remember who sent it to me. Was it you?

This afternoon I was out on the patio drinking EWBL and Mexican Coke (sugar, not HFCS) while smoking ribs. When those were ready, it was Deschutes "Red Chair NWPA". :yum:

How did I get involved in this? I don't remember posting to that thread.

You have contributed to the 'muddling of the scotts' in some other threads. To them, we're all one in the same. :cool:

WTKS (SDWT) from '04. I'm trying to make this bottle last, but that's not working out too well.

While in chat last night I started out with some 98 OFBIB that Tommyboy was generous enough to share with me...I didn't have a lot left in the sample...maybe 25mls and it went really fast! :)

Then I had a pour of FRSmB and while it was good I found myself wanting something with a little more pull...90 proofers just aren't doing it for me of late.

Then I decided that I would hit the GTS...I've had a bottle open for a couple months and while I enjoyed it at barrel proof it's not something that I can do everyday. I figured why not cut it down to 110 or so proof and see how it goes. I went with 50mls of GTS and 10mls of water and that provided about a 114 proof pour. I found that I'm able to get all the different flavors out of GTS much easier this way. I went from the camp of it's good but not something I want all the time to the WOW...I really can see why people like this and it's very complex and filled with goodness! :)

For the last few night I have been pouring some softer juice, maybe because it is getting warmer.

Early Times bottles in '93 followed by Wild Turkey 80 proof from '93 also. Both good but the nod goes to Early Times.

Next night was EWSB 2000. Not my cup o tea thanks. not terrible but only so-so.

Last night was Old Heaven Hill BiB (Ky 31) from something like '98. The best of the three nights.

Watching a tom turkey all puffed-up and strutting for the females in the woods behind the house. Appropriately, sipping some Tradition, neat.

Neat Woodford Reserve. Its profile has evolved and while I've enjoyed certain batches before (e.g., pre-90's and certain of the post-Versailles minglings) the current ones seem to contain older bourbon all 'round and offer a refined, softer palate - while still showing effects of the pot still.

Gary

My NCAA Bracket isn't busted. It's obliterated. :( Oh well, this Ezra B 15 yr should help me feel better.

Absolutely nothing. I've either got a bad cold or allergies working overtime. It's not pretty.

Bell's Batch 9000. A little expensive but very good.

An Imperial Stout that is thick, sweet, and loaded with molasses. With a high alcohol content, it's a sipper.

ETL that I just popped open. Cant wait to revisit in a few days when it opens up a bit more.

Also watching my bracket bust. I do know that I wont be last so I got that going for me. Ahh well, tmrw I have to make my sweet 16 picks and start all over in the short pool.

Along with some Intense Dark chocolate I'm enjoying some WLWeller Centennial, neat.

Like everyone my brackets are busted, but luckily I just filled them out for my own amusement this year, so no blood, no foul.

Tonight I'm sipping on some Louisville OCPR to toast three things:

1) In definance of my, and almost everyone else's expectations, The Purdue Boilermakers have chugged into the Sweet Sixteen once again by beating a very good Texas A & M in OT.

2) Although my braskets are busted, it's always good to see Big East teams go down and Big 10 teams defy expectations. I remember people saying things this season like "A Mediocre Big East team could beat any team out of the Big Ten". How's that workin' out for ya?:grin:

3) The Butler Bulldogs.

I'm slowly enjoying a sample of Reid and Emerald's Willett.

Very dark, brooding, complex stuff.

I'm slowly enjoying a sample of Reid and Emerald's Willett.

Very dark, brooding, complex stuff.

I think it smells like Doritos. In a good way.:grin:

My NCAA Bracket isn't busted. It's obliterated. :( Oh well, this Ezra B 15 yr should help me feel better.

I'm with you... both on the busted bracket and the Ezra B (although mine is 10 yo).

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!