Tours for the Sampler?

Josh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I called this morning and sceduled a tour for Coxs Creek for 7 ppl for 11 AM Friday,

Looks like I'll miss most of you, as I'll be leaving Doug's early to head to Chicago.
Makes me think I want to show up earlier Friday than I planned.

Um, tommyboy, why do you want to get there early, because of the early 4R tour or because of the early departure of barturtle?

:slappin: sorry guys, I couldn't resist.:slappin:

• 2 weeks later...

The tours were great. We had 6 for Cox's Creek and 4 for Tom Moore.

Gary, manager of warehouse & bottling operations, gave us our tour. After being upstaged by a flamboyant moth, he took us to the barrel dumping area. That day they were dumping some 10 y/o barrels that were headed for Diageo, so we got taste some right from the barrel. It was quite good. Scott asked for extra char and got a big hunk. He also got a piece of char in his glass. *rimshot*

We also toured the bottling area which was very low tech. The labeling was basically done by hand. They were also using a bottle of 100th anniversary SBBS as label remover. :bigeyes:

We toured the one-story warehouse, heard a story about Gary finding a snake in one and about some innovative thieves who tunneled up into a warehouse and were draining barrels into a big tub set into the floor.

Tom Moore was a blast too. Pam gave us the tour. The bus was a big help going up those big hills, but it was a little hard to see out the windows. The bottling plant was the most impressive. It was quite a contrast from the one at Cox's creek. Tom Moore's is highly mechanized, with two lines, one for glass and one for plastic. They were bottling brandy and a blended whiskey.

We met Greg Davis at the end of the tour and had lots a nice conversation with Pam by the giant whiskey barrel. Great experiences both places.

Oh yeah.

Gary kept referring to the parent company of 4R as "Karen". The woman (I forgot her name) from the distillery kept riding him about it.

"Say it again, KEER-in."

"Where are you from, the city?"

Good times.:grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.