Early Times 150th Anniversary

Josh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Chuck,

Not all of the samples were Buffalo Trace products. If I am reading the abbreviation right, one is Woodford Reserve Masters Collection Seasoned Oak. I have heard that they do not chill filter the Woodford Master Collection bottlings, but that could be wrong. I need to ask Chris about it.

There is no age statement on the Seasoned Oak, but because of the cycled warehouses, there is a bit more maturity than one would expect for the age, leading to a darker color. That is also another factor in the differences in color - the type of warehouses and whether they are heated in the winter or not.

Mike Veach

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up a supply. I have a few extras that I'm willing to trade for stuff that's not accessible to me. Shoot me a PM if you are interested and maybe we can work something out.

I ordered a bottle a couple of weeks ago but it never came in.

MI has it on the books but not in their warehouse.

Just hit my local place today. Yours should be there soon, I'd think.

ThomasH got a bottle of it at Liquor World and it was on the table at the Gazebo. I had a swig, I could drink it.

Just hit my local place today. Yours should be there soon, I'd think.

And what State would that be.

And what State would that be.

He's in ours, Tim. A state of confusion.:lol:

He's in ours, Tim. A state of confusion.:lol:

Too true and too sad.

So its here but nobody can find it except Noob.

No one else can find it? That's odd. My guy got it in a week ago today. Not sure what's up with that...

No one else can find it? That's odd. My guy got it in a week ago today. Not sure what's up with that...

OK I'll ask...or maybe I'm not supposed to...where is that guy located at?

No secret, just didn't think it would be all that relevant to many here.

Grape Vine, 15 and Van Dyke in Sterling Heights.

I bought him out last week. He did say he'd try to get more, not sure how that ended up. Any one who wants to check can call (586) 939-1300.

Don't want to offend anyone but don't we have rules regarding retailers names & phone numbers?

Don't want to offend anyone but don't we have rules regarding retailers names & phone numbers?

Yes and no.

It depends on who posted it and which mod felt like putting the hammer down.

Lot's of history behind the above statement, maybe it should be deleted.

Didn't mean to case any harm. Doesn't seem like I have edit ability on my post, so not much I can do now. If it needs to be trashed, that's cool. Won't happen again.

Yes and no.

It depends on who posted it and which mod felt like putting the hammer down.

Lot's of history behind the above statement, maybe it should be deleted.

Didn't mean to case any harm. Doesn't seem like I have edit ability on my post, so not much I can do now. If it needs to be trashed, that's cool. Won't happen again.

No, no, no n00b, I meant my statement beginning with "It depends on who,....etc,..."

That's the one that might get deleted:cool:,.. you be cool dude.

Did not see any last week in SB.com's favorite Liquor Barn, but it's the smallest. I'll check one of the big ones this week, maybe even the new one in St. Matthews. I haven't been in it yet.

I also saw at Cork and Bottle a week or so ago. I bought mine for 9.50+tax at Liquor World. It was 9.95 at Cork and Bottle!

Thomas

Did not see any last week in SB.com's favorite Liquor Barn, but it's the smallest. I'll check one of the big ones this week, maybe even the new one in St. Matthews. I haven't been in it yet.

It was at the one on Fern Valley Road last week.

Joe :usflag:

I picked up a couple bottles at Toddy's in Bardstown when I was there earlier this week... $9.99

This is a pretty neat product. It's a nice souvenir. Though not an actual replica, it's certainly in the style of a prohibition-era medicinal whiskey bottling and since the real ones sell for hundreds of dollars, it's nice that you can get a replica for such a modest price. The fact that they even went to the trouble of making the whiskey a little different is another plus. I think BF did a very nice job with this.

I've yet to see it in any Oregon liquor stores...and don't expect that I will...

Anyone seen this in Florida?

(It's not on the Alabama ABC list so I'll skip across the line like I do for almost everything else.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.