Parker's Heritage Collection for 2010

JohnHansell
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone know for sure how many different bottlings of this there will be? I have 2 different bottlings now...127.8 and 124.2...I've seen pictures of a 131.2 bottling too...has anyone see that in the wild?

I was told there would be two bottlings and the 127.8 proof was the first one. That's all I know.

I was told there would be two bottlings and the 127.8 proof was the first one. That's all I know.

Thanks Chuck...Binny's must have gotten the second bottling then as all they had in was the 124.2 bottling and they just got that yesterday. ;)

The reason for the second dumping is that some of the barrels they wanted to use weren't quite old enough. They dumped the ones that were and by the time they had those in the pipeline, the second batch was ready to go.

I wouldn't worry that the second batch is just barely old enough. They selected them because they were ready, they just weren't technically quite ten years old. The formalities must be honored.

• 4 weeks later...
I opened my bottle of the 124.2 last night and was not disapointed. Very nice indeed.

Craig

I'll second that!

I've grabbed 3 of the 127.8's and 2 124.2's...they're fantastic bottles...better then the WLW from last year IMO.

I've grabbed 3 of the 127.8's and 2 124.2's...they're fantastic bottles...better then the WLW from last year IMO.

If you do a little vatting of the 07 and 09 WLW, it's fantastic. :bigeyes: Roughly 70-80% 07 and the rest 09. Yummmmmmm.Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't surprise me that the PHC 2010 is garnering awards...I have both bottlings open and they're definitely more alike then different. If I had to choose right now I would say that I prefer the 2nd dump of the 124.2 proof as to me it had a little more burnt brown sugar and a little less wood then the 127.8 however I need to do a side by side to confirm...those were my thought drinking them in the same night but not side by side. :cool:

I guess I am really missing the boat on this one. I'll jump back in my bottle and see what happens.

All in all, I don't mind it, but I can't love it yet..... I'd still take any WLW over it.:cool:

Scott,

I rank them very close but I gave the edge to the WLW after 3 separate tastings and in the spirit of keeping the significant other happy skipped the Parker's this year.

Tom

I rank them very close but I gave the edge to the WLW after 3 separate tastings and in the spirit of keeping the significant other happy skipped the Parker's this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Opened the bottle last week and had a couple of pours over several days.

Very good wheater with a modestly different taste profile than the Pappy 15 and ORVW 10yr 107. Toward the expensive side but well worth it and would certainly buy another bottle.

This is good to hear. I passed on the 2010 due to WLWelleritis.

I picked one up during my holiday travels. I've yet to open it though.

Suggestions from someone with close to 10,000 posts should be taken seriously.

What else has he been suggesting to you SMOWK?

• 3 weeks later...

Love this bourbon. Have WLW and Pappy 15 all great but different. This has an opulent texture, unique nose and richness on the palate, a great cold weather drink. If you like wheaters do yourself a favor and try this one out it's a winner!!!

Love this bourbon. Have WLW and Pappy 15 all great but different. This has an opulent texture, unique nose and richness on the palate, a great cold weather drink. If you like wheaters do yourself a favor and try this one out it's a winner!!!

Welcome to SB. I'll confirm your evaluation. It's a powerful drink. I've seen exactly two bottles in stores and both were brought home.

Will

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.