Costco Bourbon?

libertybar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey, anyone know where Costoco is getting their boubon? Apparently it's a distillery with "two names"... OoooK.

Anyone know who is supplying this bourbon?

Not sure what you mean. The COSTCO here on the Big Island has only Maker's Mark and Jim Beam white. They're both owned by Beam Global which is owned by Fortune Brands. The store here also carries Jack Daniel's black. All are in 1.75 jugs.

Hey, anyone know where Costoco is getting their boubon? Apparently it's a distillery with "two names"... OoooK.

Anyone know who is supplying this bourbon?

Stitzel-Weller, maybe?:lol:

Costco's in store brand is Kirkland Signature. They "make" many items under this brand. I like Costco and have found this Kirkland Signature brand generally offers very good value, examples include an excellent EV Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. In certain states, Costco directly sells liquor. I know they have done Kirkland Signature versions of Vodka and Tequila, so guessing they now have a bourbon.

This thread is in the "premium" category?

Randy

It's premium private label warehouse club Bourbon. The Kirkland stuff is way better than Sam's Choice.

This thread is in the "premium" category?

Randy

Uh, not anymore it isn't.

I haven't seen a bourbon. They have a fantastic scotch whisky they put out each year. It is a Macallan 18yr. Only difference is it is aged 15 yrs in Oak and three additional years in Sherry butts. The Macallan 18 yr is aged for 18 yrs in Sherry.

The Macallan 18 yr - $150.00

The Kirkland Macallan 18 yr - $59.99

This reminds me of when my wife was at Sams Club. She came home and said I almost bought you a bottle of "Members Mark". Keep in mind that the Sams Club store brand of food and other grocery items is Members Mark. I thought wow that's interesting, then pulled out my bottle of Makers Mark and said did it look like this? Sure did she said...

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the liquor stores in Costco and Sams club actually check for membership cards? I used to be a member of both many years ago but they moved out of my community so I let my membership lapse. My memory is that they do not check for membership cards in the liquor stores. Do they?

Does anyone know if the liquor stores in Costco and Sams club actually check for membership cards? I used to be a member of both many years ago but they moved out of my community so I let my membership lapse. My memory is that they do not check for membership cards in the liquor stores. Do they?

In Michigan you can buy liquor without having a membership at Sams, not sure about Costco or the laws in Florida though.

In Michigan you can buy liquor without having a membership at Sams, not sure about Costco or the laws in Florida though.

Costco too. It's a MI law.

• 6 months later...

The local Costco has a new Kirkland Small Batch 9yr Bourbon. It has tasting notes on the attractive bottle that sound a lot like 4R Small Batch. $20 a full liter would make it a bargain if the juice is any good.

So to the original question, does anyone know who supplies the bourbon to Costco?

Two names and a willingness to sell stock and the obvious suspect would be Heaven Hill.

It'd be neat to know for sure, though, and to know the age and basic style.

Although Heaven Hill might be a safe guess. I am pretty sure I saw a pic of the label online and it said Clermont, KY (I believe that HAS to be Beam). Has anyone seen the label in stores to confirm?

Yeah, a lot of states have laws against requiring a membership to buy booze, but I think they do not require it even in a lot of states that don't have laws against it. The best thing to do is to call and talk to a manager, because a lot of times the cashier doesn't know anything about this rule (which was the case when I went).

7 year 103 proof "premium" small batch is the label I saw.

you have it right - my memory sucks.

it didn't mention where it was distilled specifically, unless you count "The Commonwealth of Kentucky" as specific.

Sure it's Beam juice?

Sure it's Beam juice?

I'll be damned, I'm surprised I found a use for Twitter. Googled it to try and find something when this came up:

4ab29a34-ed0c-0c60.jpg

Sooo...a liter of Buffalo Trace juice 7yrs 103 proof for $20? Has anybody tried this?

Sooo...a liter of Buffalo Trace juice 7yrs 103 proof for $20? Has anybody tried this?

It's Beam whiskey friend, FYI

I believe that distilling happens at Clermont and Boston, bottling is done at Frankfort and aging at all 3, but how are Beam products usually labelled?

I also think Clermont is always listed and Boston never.

Is Frankfort listed along with Clermont on all, most or just a few labels?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.