Costco Bourbon?

libertybar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Making a proof point isn't a big deal. It's hard to imagine they're targeting the Fighting Cock drinker. Not enough for them to matter. What's the package look like? That's usually a good indication of who they're targeting.

Sounds like they are targeting the cost conscious bang for the buck consumer. I would also like to see a picture of the bottle.

Looks like a knob creek bottle in a way, very similar only a little bigger. It is a Liter after all.

To me it tastes spicier than typical KC, but I haven't had KC in quite a while. Also haven't had OGD BiB so can't say, but wonder if this isn't that mashbill.

post-1291-14489817201841_thumb.jpg

post-1291-14489817202153_thumb.jpg

post-1291-14489817202566_thumb.jpg

post-1291-14489817202976_thumb.jpg

post-1291-14489817201841_thumb.jpg

post-1291-14489817202153_thumb.jpg

post-1291-14489817202566_thumb.jpg

post-1291-14489817202976_thumb.jpg

Looks like KC alright, right down to the cork. I once bought a 1.75 ltr of KC and that thing was a handful.

Looks like a knob creek bottle in a way, very similar only a little bigger. It is a Liter after all.

To me it tastes spicier than typical KC, but I haven't had KC in quite a while. Also haven't had OGD BiB so can't say, but wonder if this isn't that mashbill.

How much was it virus?

It looks like they handed the designer a bottle of Knob and a bottle of Woodford and said, "make something in between."

You didn't tell me it's both premium and small batch!

They'll sell a million of them.

Yeah, the bottle design is very similar to KC- except the top is less square/more rounded at the top.

This might take a spot next to VOB in my value spot.

Is it available in KY Costco's?

I don't live that close to Costco, and I'm not a member, but I'll check.

(One doesn't have to be a member of Costco in Kentucky to shop at the liquor and wine store. I just don't make it over there often.)

I saw it in Louisville this past weekend. Plenty was available.

Excellent. And that's not far from the Springhurst Liquor Barn, if an out-of-town visitor wanted to expand their search.

I've only been here four years, but the Louisville Costco has sold liquor all that time.

Like Sam's Club, the liquor and wine store has a separate entrance, and no membership is required. Costco only takes cash, Amex, or debit for payment.

I picked up a couple of bottles today. The UPC on them state 80686. Beam is 80686. If that means anything.

I think it means there is something we're not getting about the Clear Springs DBA.

Maybe that the labels were approved before the DBA was transfered, and this use was allowed as a condition of the transfer?

It's very, very good bourbon- ESPECIALLY for the price. it's hotter than knob creek, and sweeter. there's a big red cinnamon thing going on in there. but it's an incredible value whiskey. Let it settle in the glass for a bit or use it to make old fashioneds.

I picked up a couple of bottles today. The UPC on them state 80686. Beam is 80686. If that means anything.

Joe, at which Costco did you purchase these? The one by me (Perimeter - near 400 and 285) didn't sell the Kirkland Bourbon.

Joe, at which Costco did you purchase these? The one by me (Perimeter - near 400 and 285) didn't sell the Kirkland Bourbon.

They do now, Jack. :)

Erik thanks for the tasting notes. I saw the big display a couple days ago, but was reluctant to jam a liter of questionable juice into an already crowded pantry. I,ll go back grab one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.