2011 Bourbon Chase

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Okay, I've been talking to a few people about participating in next year's Bourbon Chase and thought I'd see about putting together a team. So far I have no firm commitments, but thought I'd see who's interested in running. Team spots are filling up already and the early bird discount deadline is fast approaching, so I thought I'd see if I can get enough commitments together to stage a team.

Lemme know if you're interested. The speed cutoff is 11 min/mile-team average (yeah I'm not there either:rolleyes:, but there's a year to get ready if we get a team together)

Timothy,

I think the old fat body is going have to decline (even if I do get serious about dropping weight no way I'm even going to think about running the HILLS of Kentucky - I'd think about doing the Indy Mini-Marathon first, at least it's pretty flat).

However if you don't find enough SB'ers to create a team, you might check with one of this years teams to see if they have a place from you - The Racing Turtles (from Ohio).

Tom

Timothy, I checked into this last year and it filled up really early. I'd participate if you get a team together. Jon

Timothy, a year ago, I was running a 5K every 7-10 days -- but, then, that was a year ago. Currently, I'm 53 years old and giving back ground -- if I can manage to get back into a fitness program soon, I'll let you know...

I'm back running 2 - 2.5 miles most days now that our weather has warmed up and there's daylight at 5am.

If I could make it to Kentucky I'd happily participate but the chances of me getting there would be pretty slim next year.

RUN :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

That's why cars were invented :slappin:

58, bad knees.........

58, bad knees.........

60... I walk 28-30minutes/2 miles/day better on the knees etc.

Definitely count me in for 2012. I run a marathon a year and do some on and off muddy buddy type races. Bourbon chase sounds like a fun event.

My wife and I will both do it Tim. It accomplishes multiple goals for us. The fitness and a trip to Kentucky.

Can we make an event where we ride bicycles on the same route? We could do this in less days and have a great group ride! Just a thought.

Tony

58, bad knees.........

What he said, only 54 and bad knees. :rolleyes: Joe

Can we make an event where we ride bicycles on the same route? We could do this in less days and have a great group ride! Just a thought.

Tony

Come on down, we can ride along and support/heckle the runners in 2011 while we wait for our turn in 2012...we can even make sure to visit Tom Moore and Buffalo Trace, since they're not on the route (heck we can do both Beams, Brown Forman, S-W, Bernhiem, KBD for that matter.)

Come on down, we can ride along and support/heckle the runners in 2011 while we wait for our turn in 2012...we can even make sure to visit Tom Moore and Buffalo Trace, since they're not on the route (heck we can do both Beams, Brown Forman, S-W, Bernhiem, KBD for that matter.)

Have bike, will travel. This could be a hootenanny!!! Would run in '12, but really thinking cycling, drinking and heckling sounds like a lot of fun in '11! :D

60... I walk 28-30minutes/2 miles/day better on the knees etc.

In the past I have torn cartilage in both knees resulting in degenerative osteoarthritis (the cartilage is going away) in both knees, last MRI 8 yrs ago the doc said I was 4.5 on a scale of 5 with a 5 being bone on bone and I would need replacements in about 5 years. Weight bearing exercise is excruciating, we have a nice MWR (gym) here and I ride a recumbent exercise bike and use the leg machines 3 times a week. But long walking much less running.......ain't gonna happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran last year...2009...and had a great time. My team had a wide range of skill levels, from a guy who's run the Boston Marathon, to a woman who had run only a couple of 5Ks in her life. Everyone had a blast. If the bourbon chase interests you, then I say go for it.

Kevin

• 6 months later...
I ran last year...2009...and had a great time. My team had a wide range of skill levels, from a guy who's run the Boston Marathon, to a woman who had run only a couple of 5Ks in her life. Everyone had a blast. If the bourbon chase interests you, then I say go for it.

Kevin

What is the post-race like? I'm running my first marathon the week after this year's BC, so I can't throw off the training that close to the race, but I'm really interested in 2012. Is the goodie-package what a race called "The Bourbon Chase" should have?

Ok, so first of all their web site stinks...not easy to get simple info. Bitching over with- other than that, the GF and I would be interested for 2012, and may be able to recruit a couple more if need be. sounds like fun!

Barturtle, are you willing to head up a coordination effort again?

I'm in for 2012 if someone can remember to bump this come fall and remind me :grin: .

• 3 months later...

T minus 2.5 weeks. Good luck to all those participating and make sure you report back when you're done.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a group set for next year.

Do you know when signups will begin? I know this sells out pretty quickly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.