2011 Bourbon Chase

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

They've announced the cost of registration: $1500/team of 12.

Sept 28/29

I've got a team together, but will be looking of fill-ins in case of injury/scheduling conflicts.

They've announced the cost of registration: $1500/team of 12.

Sept 28/29

I've got a team together, but will be looking of fill-ins in case of injury/scheduling conflicts.

i am interested in filling in if needed. the site is currently down for maintenance but it sounds like the idea is a team running the bourbon trail. sounds like a good time.

• 1 month later...
i am interested in filling in if needed. the site is currently down for maintenance but it sounds like the idea is a team running the bourbon trail. sounds like a good time.

put me down as an alternate. i'm a good runner and a great bourbon sipper

Post some updates here for how your training is going. I'd be interested in the after party as well. My wife and I ran our first race this past fall. It was the Hudy 14K - a race around the (mostly closed) breweries in Cincinnati run by Hudepohl brewer (named for their Hudy 14K beer). We're doing a half-pig (half flying pig marathon) this spring and hoping to get in another race later this year as well. If you all enjoy the experience, I might be able to get her to this for 2013.

Good luck with your training!

I'll admit that I'm not a runner. As such, I'm easing into it. I am a cyclist, so the whole thing isn't exactly taxing my cardio, but my legs, feet and core are getting quite the workout.

I'm starting off with a basic 5K training program by Hal Higdon. 8 weeks, Novice level. I repeated week one a second time, as I didn't feel I was ready to increase the distance. I am now on the week two schedule, and will compete the final run of that tonight and continue on to week 3.

I have a 5K race scheduled for March 3rd, which just happens to be exactly when "race day" falls on my training plan. I will use that event to check my progress.

Following that, I'm going to begin a 10 week, 15K novice training schedule, which interestingly coincides with a bicycle race I have scheduled in May falling on "race day".

I don't actually have any plans to run a 15K, but will likely do a 10K in June.

Once I'm through the 5K and 15K programs, I'll likely start utilizing the schedule the Bourbon Chase has on its site, 10 weeks, which will nearly bring me to the event itself.

Timothy,

I want to do this more than any other race. I commit to be ready.

I'm running a full marathon in April.

Just give me a sign and I'll be there.

(Lightning, Pestilence, e-mail accepted)

• 5 months later...

I'm currently looking for a 12th runner for my team. Those interested should contact me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.