What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter 2010/11

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I transferred the contents of a 1969 Heaven Hill 120 month decanter to more suitable storage this afternoon and had to sample a bit to make sure it wasn't poison.

Wow. :bigeyes:

Definitely not the current house HH bourbon with eucalyptus style at all. It fades a bit mid-palate, but the finish is a long caramel/tobacco festival with some char mixed in.

Look for it on a Gazebo table near you this April.

Starting off with a pour of handy. Always takes me a few sips to adjust and really get into this. But then it's soo good.

Moved on to some Rare Breed and finishing off with some Pappy 20.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

EWSB 2000 tonight. Tasting pretty good after having (a lot of :bigeyes: )WT this weekend.

Wow this four roses small batch limited edition 2010 is stunning.

Followed up by ETL 90th such a great value! Actually reminds me I the 15 yr old ETL. Yummy night so far. I need it with all the corporate hoopla I am dealing with this week.

Tried Jim Beam Black for the first time tonight - decent pour, and much better than the JB White variation. Then I moved to ETL and remembered what good bourbon tastes like.

Tried a little experiment tonight. I did a little JB White Label (meh). But then I did FR SmB. Wow. It really made the flavors of FR pop.

Finished the night with a pour of templeton then FRSB 2010 LE. Really excited for my delivery tomorrow containing four roses mariage 2008 (amongst a few other things)

EC 18 after getting one evening closer to having my bourbon put up in the new cabinets.

Tonight I am having several pours of Eagle Rare 10 that i picked up in Springdale Arkansas. Not to bad.

So - my last pour ended up taking a little bit longer while talking to Matt and Morgan in the Gazebo. Finished up the night with Hudson Whiskey - Four Grain Bourbon.

Thanks to a certain SB member, I sampled a few things I can't find here in TN, Old Fitz BiB and Willet 3 yr. Both were delicious.

I had VWFRR-K and Rittenhouse BIB before dinner yesterday, uncut 10 year HH bottled by Cadenheads after and WT 101 from 1985 with the chocolate muffins with vanilla ice cream for dessert. The old rye was the whiskey that worked best yesterday, but the dessert combination wasn’t to play with ether.

Leif

Today I sipped bourbon (Binny's BT to be exact) on the front porch and the latest issue of MA while the baby slept and a corned beef round roast cooked in the slow cooker.

It doesn't get much better than this.

Thanks to a certain SB member, I sampled a few things I can't find here in TN, Old Fitz BiB and Willet 3 yr. Both were delicious.

That member is glad you enjoyed those! That Old Fitz is dsp 16, btw. Stitzel-Weller. :grin:

FRsmB, Lot B, Buck, WRMC Maple Wood Finish. Even after the other three pours,the WR Maple is still just nasty.

sipping on some Bookers. Fist time having some in the privacy of my home. Good stuff.

Started w/ some Lot B, then PVW15, now having some GTS. It seems like no matter what different combo I end up drinking on any given night I somehow manage to always work the Stagg in there.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!