What bourbon are you drinking? - Spring 2011

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoying a quiet Fathers day. After all the grown kids called it was time for me. I'm enjoying several pours of AAA 10 y/o right now. May finish the evening with a pour of Angels Envy and a Cohiba.

Finished off Fathers Day with a short pour of ORVW 15/107 Single Barrel from Beltramos. A nice finish to a nice day....

Woerner's straight bourbon, a flavourful 80 proof bourbon from 375 ml bottles stamped 83 on underside. Frank-Lin (well known bottler and wholesaler in Northern CA) used to bottle this for a store in San Francisco named Woerner's Liquors. The store still exists and has a few bottles left of this own-label bourbon bottled decades ago. Frank-Lin still supplies the store (e.g. Joshua Brooks Bourbon) but not under its own name for many years again.

Perfect for neat sipping with a rich, clean taste, no overly young flavours or other off tastes. I suspect it may be a 70's Beam distillation, which is a profile of bygone times IMO.

Gary

While chatting last night I had a small pour of Willett 18yr Paws and Claws #2...a pretty damn good bottling if you ask me! ;)

Today I am enjoying an old favorite that was tucked way back in the cabinet.... a Doug Dog 18YO Willett Bourbon, bottle 8550, 118.4 PF. Caramel, spice, hints of chocolate and roasted coffee beans as well as charred oak. The longer this bottle is open the better it seems to get.

Nice job Doug!!

Cracking open a PVW 23 and watching Jackass in remembrance of Ryan Dunn aka Random Hero.

Making up for a dry past week. Started the day with EW1783, followed by BT. This evening it was OGD114, followed by OWA. I think that catches me up nicely. :grin:

Having several pours of Old Charter 10 y/o. It's hitting the spot tonight.

Traveled to Montreal today...Woodford Reserve on the flight (Delta's only bourbon), Glen Breton Canadian single malt in the bar lounge at the Fairmont-Queen Elizabeth, and now a small pour of the Eagle Rare 90 I packed.

Big glass of VOB BIB mixed with ginger ale. Nice sippin' while watchin my cubs get a win over the Sox. Nice night.:grin:

Tucker, a few blocks from where you are is the luxury SAQ outlet, on Ste. Catherine Street, across from Les Trois Brasseurs (a Northern French brewpub now established in Quebec).

It fronts on the street (north side) but is part of a shopping mall.

They have some unusual bourbons there often, as well as some rare Canadian whiskies.

Gary

Big glass of VOB BIB mixed with ginger ale. Nice sippin' while watchin my cubs get a win over the Sox. Nice night.:grin:

Joe, bourbon and ginger is slowly becoming my go to refresher on warm summer nights.... the key is having the right ginger.

Tucker, a few blocks from where you are is the luxury SAQ outlet, on Ste. Catherine Street, across from Les Trois Brasseurs (a Northern French brewpub now established in Quebec).

It fronts on the street (north side) but is part of a shopping mall.

They have some unusual bourbons there often, as well as some rare Canadian whiskies.

Thanks, Gary, I'll check it out.

Jim Beam Black on the airplane home from my SF trip. I couldn't drink it neat, got through half of it doused with Sprite, then stopped. Probably my least favourite bourbon amongst those in regular production today.

Gary

Does posting within this thread end as of today, June 21, 2011 at 1:16 PM Eastern Time when the summer solstice arrives? :cool:

Does posting within this thread end as of today, June 21, 2011 at 1:16 PM Eastern Time when the summer solstice arrives? :cool:

It should have. :cool:

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

It should have. :cool:
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Controversy arises.

There is a local meteorologist that insisits that Summer doesn't arrive until 4:16pm today.

I have listened to this guy for years and he is always on the money.

4RsmB.

It's 8:15 EST and STILL SPRING!!!!!

Haha...hold onto spring as long as you want to, Robert, but summer officially started at 1:16pm Eastern today!

Controversy arises.

There is a local meteorologist that insisits that Summer doesn't arrive until 4:16pm today.

I have listened to this guy for years and he is always on the money.

Well...either he's wrong or every other source on the interwebs is wrong as the time of the solstice is 1716 UTC/1316 EDT.

Happy Summer to those in the northern hemisphere.

I'm tipping back a short pour of VOB BiB on my first evening off in 5 days, then my lame ass is going to bed.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!