What bourbon do you regret not buying?

NorCalBoozer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Many times I've passed by PVW15 and 20 because I didn't want to spend too much. Totally should have just taken the plunge then.

Also regret not travelling a great distance to a specific store to get a bottle of PVW13. Still can't find a bottle for the life of me.

I passed a whole shelf of Mariage 2008 back in 2008 because I didn't know it was any good. Fail.

Cracked my last VG90 right before I heard they were going "out of print". I'd love to have just one more bottle to keep unopened in my collection.

I'm betting that most of us would love to have virtually anything from S-W before BT took over or Grand Dad before JB took over or any of the Heaven Hill from before the fire. When Old Crow is finally put out of its misery, there will be SBers lamenting their failure to buy up some of that great juice from way back in 2011.

April '10 I was in Chicago just after FFF DLD. Binnys's had about 10 PVW15 on the shelf at $49.99. I only bought one, what the hell was I thinking?

I regret not buying the entire case of Rathskeller Rye I found on a shelf in Bardstown a couple of years ago. Still kicking myself on that one - and there was room on the card!

I regret not buying the $50 Pappy15's I found last spring in Tennessee, the ER101's I left behind in Miami, the Vintage 23 Rye I couldn't afford in Kentucky, the expensive Armagnac I left in Orlando, the half price Parkers 27yr I left in Santa Fe and all the bottles of Centennial I left in Taos.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.