Jack's New Look.

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

And pairing that with removing "quality" from the label seems like an acknowledgement. Why would they be so honest? I have never met a marketing director that would remove something like "quality" without replacing it with a bigger claim, like "now even better":rolleyes:

"Quality & Craftsmanship Since 1866" is on the right, vertical.

IMO, the changes to the bottle are more drastic than the changes to the label.

Not that any of this matters to me, I don't think I've bought a bottle of JD in the 30+ years I've been drinking whiskey.

Any news on whether the green label version will be changed in a similar way?

I tasted some recently and it seemed less mature than the black label, with more corn character. But it was not bad and would make a great mint julep or whiskey sour.

Gary

Any news on whether the green label version will be changed in a similar way?

I tasted some recently and it seemed less mature than the black label, with more corn character. But it was not bad and would make a great mint julep or whiskey sour.

Gary

The Green Label will get the same bottle change once the current bottle is exhausted....same goes for the Tennessee Honey.

The green label is a less mature whiskey. they pick the slower aging barrels from the bottom floors and center of the warehouses to use for the GL.

I came up with an excellent vatting: 1 part each Jack Green, Early Times Bourbon and Jeremiah Weed Blended Bourbon.

Gary

I came up with an excellent vatting: 1 part each Jack Green, Early Times Bourbon and Jeremiah Weed Blended Bourbon.

Gary

Excellent for what?

I don't understand the question.

Gary

I really like the new label. It's fresh and simple. It's still just as eye catching and iconic as the previous label. Now the bottle... I'm not so sure about that. I like the old bottle with the rounded edges.

Cluttered or not, I like the old label better. I like the rounded shoulders of the old bottle better, too.

Gary

Looks like a classic 1+1+1=5 sitation. How do you even begin to dream these combinations up Gary?

Cluttered or not, I like the old label better. I like the rounded shoulders of the old bottle better, too.

I think I like the new label, but not the new bottle.

The green label is a less mature whiskey. they pick the slower aging barrels from the bottom floors and center of the warehouses to use for the GL.

Do we have a source for the warehouse location claim other than tour guides? I'm not saying tour guides spread misinformation, but, well, I guess I am.

Reid, thanks: the sum truly is more than its parts. Here's my logic. I'm sitting in a hotel room in St. Augustine. I've got a half-pint of JD Green Label, some Early Times bourbon, and the Jeremiah Weed Blended Bourbon. The JD is a little corn/woody; the Early Times ditto but with more traditional bourbon character; and the Weed has that tea flavor overlay on a fairly mild bourbon/GNS base. So I figure the slight tea sweetness will meld the straight whiskeys in all of these, plus the straights just taste better when their elemental attributes are combined.

It so happens that's all I had in the room, but still I used a certain logic or such as it is.

The better half comes back in the evening and I serve it to her. "This is really good, what is it"? Earlier, she had the JD Green and Early Times on their own: no complaints, but no comments either. So I figured it was excellent, on this basis and my own tasting of course.

Gary

Do we have a source for the warehouse location claim other than tour guides? I'm not saying tour guides spread misinformation, but, well, I guess I am.

Google is your friend.

http://www.jackdaniels.com/faq.aspx

Jimmy Bedford, late JD master distiller, told me the same thing.

That's where my info came from...the man himself.

That's where my info came from...the man himself.

That should be good enough for 'em.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.