Breaking ground...Heaven Hill Visitor Center

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Based on what HH is already saying on their website, the announcement should read: "...tell a misleadingly truncated version of the story of Heaven Hill and the completely b--- s--- stories of Bourbon pioneers such as Evan Williams, Rev. Elijah Craig and John Fitzgerald."

Thanks for the link Bettye Jo. I'm looking forward to the "barrel-shaped tasting room." Hell, I don't care what shape it is lol.gif Will visitors now be able to show up directly at the visitor's centre and take a tour instead of beginning in Bardstown? Will there be a tour in addition to the visitor's center stuff?

while heaven hill may not have much of a tour yet, it is a great place to buy a used bourbon barrel for 25.00. I bought one at last years festival,stuffed in the back seat of the rented Cavalier, and it is now in my office.more peoply might want to take advantage of this.

As of right now, the tastings, the movie and the museum are free. I asked this question twice. Whether or not the answer stays the same? We will see. You will be able to walk into the Visitor center during operation hours.

The "NEW" trolley will still run it's schedule. It will run the usual route, through town, riding by all the historical attractions in Bardstown. The last stop will be Heaven Hill.

I have heard that you will "still" get to tour the bottlinghouse. I have also heard that (on special occasions) they will open warehouse "Y" so folks can see what the inside of a warehouse looks like.

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

Hey Mike,

it is a great place to buy a used bourbon barrel for 25.00.

Not trying to burst the bubble here, but actually, Barton's sells them (when they have them, which is most of the time) for $8.00, and half barrels for $4.00...

Sure would have liked a photo of that barrel in the back of that Cavalier... lol.gif

Bj

what a chump. It seemed like such a good price .This year I will check with bartons. The barrel made quit a mess out of the little rental cavalier,but the car sure smelt good on the way home

The deal with Bartons is supposed to be off. They are sending the wood to Japan and making hardwood flooring out of it. I posted that somewhere on here. Wild Turkey has cheap ones but they are in a field and you load them yourself (I'm told). Keenes has them for less than 25 I think. On the road from the Court House( The Old One) to Old Ky Home impossible to miss the barrels line the road.

Shoot no, yer not a chump. Your's must have been fresh! lol.gif

But, I would have loved to have watched the next folks that rented that car... smilielol.gif

Used barrels are great for a bunch of stuff. I had a friend that made them into furniture for his bar. That was pretty cool.

I just have to ask. What'd you do with your's?

Bj

• 5 months later...

It's finally done...A year and a few months and this new center is now a reality grin.gif

post-20-14489811672394_thumb.jpg

Yesterday was a good day grin.gif

Last week everyone in the plant got the "Employee sneak preview" invitation in their time card slotbox grin.gif I have yet to have time to get over there. Today is the last day of the sneak preview.

Last night, as I started work, putting on my tool belt and headin' down to check my lines. I see Erin. She has something in her hand and is pointing for me to stop grin.gif

She hands me this invitation grin.gif so very pretty with the copper letters and all, even inside the envelope there was a copper lining.

I was honored grin.gif and on public view too ---(Gotta know this, at HH (bottling lines) "NOTHING" is private unless you make it private...Seems that lots and lots of folks were watchin' grin.gifgrin.gif...The news spread, and let me tell ya grin.gif They "Dogged" me to no end grin.gifgrin.gif No mean spirited, but the naughty kinda teasin' that all of us do when Union and Company mix grin.gif

Needless to say I will be there with camera in hand and ready to partygrin.gif

I can't wait grin.gif This should be fun grin.gif

I don't think I will go over there yet. I think I will wait until the grand opening to see inside, for the first time grin.gif

post-20-14489811681594_thumb.jpg

Its says ,"And Guest"

I bid $50.00 for the honor. Do I hear $60?

Any takers. (All funds to go to the Bettye Jo Shindig Fund)

grin.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.