Mellow Corn Is Wonderful.

ethangsmith
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone else an obsessive lover of Mellow Corn? Mine started with a small sample and then I was able to secure 3 bottles. They're going quick so I need to find more soon! I'm going to go ahead and say it's the best $9-per-bottle American Whiskey you can buy. If only PA carried it in the state stores! So am I the only one out there or are there other Mellow Corn lovers???

Did you get the BIB version?

I have had it several times, it ain't bad at all.

I didn't even realize there is another proof offering. All the stuff I've ever seen is the BIB. I have a bottle of Hirsch corn whiskey too but it's not nearly as rich as the Mellow Corn.

I like it, but love is a strong word. I've heard from good sources that Hirsch Straight Corn is 9month HH juice.

It has become my daily pour. It is good stuff. One difference is, the stuff that was bottled a couple of years back is richer. When the label changed to say it was made at Early Times it lightened up. But is still good stuff. Plenty in New york state Ethan. What does your label say?

I thought Mellow Corn was a fairly new product but the store I visited last weekend had old dusty handles of Mellow Corn for about $15. I didn't get any because I figured it was the same stuff and I have several bottles already. I may pick up one when I go back in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know how long it has been made?

I first became aware of it about 20 years ago. It was a Medley product, from Owensboro. So far as I know, it's been around forever.

It has become my daily pour. It is good stuff. One difference is, the stuff that was bottled a couple of years back is richer. When the label changed to say it was made at Early Times it lightened up. But is still good stuff. Plenty in New york state Ethan. What does your label say?

I'm going to NY this weekend (Binghamton-Sidney area) so I hope to find a case or 2 of it so I've got a few months supply. I'm trying to get PA to carry it at least as a special order item. We have ZERO true corn whiskies for sale here in PA.

Ethan if I the price, I am glad I got you to try it. I have some it most nights! It is one great tasting yet Cheap Whiskey it is a best kept secret.

Dave Z

It Seems All The nicest People Drink Old Hickory

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

I'm going to NY this weekend (Binghamton-Sidney area) so I hope to find a case or 2 of it so I've got a few months supply. I'm trying to get PA to carry it at least as a special order item. We have ZERO true corn whiskies for sale here in PA.

Anyone else an obsessive lover of Mellow Corn? Mine started with a small sample and then I was able to secure 3 bottles. They're going quick so I need to find more soon! I'm going to go ahead and say it's the best $9-per-bottle American Whiskey you can buy. If only PA carried it in the state stores! So am I the only one out there or are there other Mellow Corn lovers???

If you are going to binghampton, just drive a little north to Ithaca and northside wine and spirits has it. The store in Watkins Glen keeps it for me if they do not have it. Pa will have 1 true corn whiskey in about 2 weeks on special order. Our Glen Thunder. Every bit as good as HH's corn.

Do you know of any places in CNY that have Mellow Corn? I've been all over the Syracuse area and have seen none thus far.

Aha! I was chatting up the owner of the local liquor store and after a bit of friendly conversation, I inquired about Mellow Corn BiB. He thumbed through his books and bingo! It'll be here in a bout a week for $12.99

Finally, being a repeat customer has paid off!

Eric

I'll be in the Sidney, NY area. I'm going to do a dusty hunt and also a Mellow Corn hunt!

Hey Ethan when I gave you the sample I knew you would love it. I drink it up real quick but can only get it when someone I know goes down south so I am counting on you to get me some!!

Dave Z

Count me as another who really likes Mellow Corn. I picked up a bottle on one of my out of state trips for grins as I have never had it. Well the joke was on me as I loved it.

I will be going to Arkansas in September so I will stock up then.

Pa will have 1 true corn whiskey in about 2 weeks on special order. Our Glen Thunder. Every bit as good as HH's corn.

Glad you mentioned your GT. I've ordered a bottle and will do

a side-by-side with MC. I look forward to comparing the two!

Glad you mentioned your GT. I've ordered a bottle and will do

a side-by-side with MC. I look forward to comparing the two!

Since ours is white, it is more like georgia moon. But a little aging would prove it to be like mc. Talking about mc, it is so hot, I just came in and fixed a BIG glass long with lots of ice and water. Talk about beating the heat.

Dave,

No dice on the Mellow Corn. I was told by every liquor store I went into that the distributor for that area dropped it. However, I was able to get you a 375ML bottle of Philadelphia Blended Whisky. It's the new stuff, from Heaven Hill. I bought a bottle for myself and it isn't bad. I figured you'd want one just to sip now and then. It was $6.

As a side note, I dropped in at the Delaware Phoenix Distillery in Walton, NY and met Cheryl. She's just getting started on whiskey and I bought a signed bottle of her "Rye Dog" 100pf unaged rye whiskey.

Text of front label:

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

RYE DOG

Unaged Artisanal Whiskey From Rye

Whiskey Alc. 50% By Vol.

750ML

Text of rear label:

Distilled and Bottled by Delaware Phoenix Distillery, Walton, NY

Batch 11-2

Bottle 109

A little distillery in upstate New York is where I make this artisanal whiskey distilled from rye and malted rye, based on 19th century methods in a traditional copper pot still.

Unaged white whiskey, aka "white dog," was long a tradition before whiskey was aged in oak. Being made of rye, this is then RYE DOG- a 100 proof pup.

NYISC GOLD AWARD 2010

www.delawarephoenix.com

Govt' warning and UPC label and picture of Cheryl with her pot still.

She made mention about submitting a label for the upcoming release of her bourbon (which will be slightly aged) and said it was sent back and they told her it MUST say "Whiskey" on the front label.

I'm surprised she can call it "whiskey" without any aging at all. Maybe they've made up an "unaged whiskey" category on the fly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.