Another Source for LDI Whiskey.

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I found this interesting.

"...they searched for the best in class producer for each spirit. For almost two years they sampled from only the most renowned independent distilleries in the world..."

Does LDI do anything in small "handcrafted " batches?

The fibbing is strong right out of the gate.

Does anyone really care that their favorite gin, tequilla, whiskey, and rum aren't made by the same label? :skep:

Oh yes, it's a terrible source of anxiety for me. I also cannot wear a Hanes t-shirt with Fruit of the Loom shorts.

Oh yes, it's a terrible source of anxiety for me. I also cannot wear a Hanes t-shirt with Fruit of the Loom shorts.

:lol:

It really is a poorly thought out statement. "We're going to be the best, by focusing on everything."

I actually saw a sign like that once, on an auto repair shop. It read: "We Specialize In Everything." I've always prayed that they meant it ironically, but I'm afraid the humor was probably accidental.

Your posts in this thread have made me laugh out loud Chuck. Nicely done. Any word on what kind of whiskey this will be? Its a bit like having "meat sandwich" on a menu.

Any word on what kind of whiskey this will be?

It's an "ultra-premium" "American spirit", that's what kind. And it's already an "Award Winning Whiskey."

post-5040-14489817484382_thumb.jpg

I didn't see the link to the website. That is a ghastly bottle. From the description I guess its just more 'standard' LDI rye. Looks like 80 proof. It'd be nice to know the age for purposes of comparison to other LDI ryes.

Why would they not describe it as a rye? When something is just labeled 'whiskey' it leads me to believe its blended or very, very, young.

I'm glad LDI rye is actually a quality product. Otherwise this mass influx of LDI sourced rye into the market would be depressing.

I also was looking for the words "straight" and or "bourbon" on the bottle, but didn't see either. What are they trying to compete with; Segram's 7, or Kessler?

It's like the old supermarket generic brands (before they started looking like regular brands) with big bold letters: "Whiskey," "Gin," "Rum," "Vodka." We're lucky they didn't come up with one that just said "Alcoholic Beverage."

Conventionally, one would only use the term "whiskey" if the product can't meet the standards to be called "straight whiskey," "rye whiskey," "bourbon whiskey," or what have you. In this case, it's possible they wanted to use the more generic term because of their overall concept, i.e., one 'exemplary' example of each of these four distilled spirit types.

It's not a blend. That would have to be disclosed. So it's whiskey of one type, they just chose not to identify the type.

If they stay true to their concept, they can add a gin or a brandy, but not a single malt scotch (since they already have 'whiskey' covered).

This is what makes the free enterprise system so much fun. People can invest their money in any idea they want. I may think it's stupid, they obviously think it's brilliant, and we'll just have to wait to see who is right.

Oh, for Pete's Sake. This is such over-the-top puffery from this outfit, that it borders on being a caricature.

"World's first full line of ultra premium spirits..." Oh no, please, please, don't tell me they're in line for some sort of pioneering award... ;)

I may think it's stupid, they obviously think it's brilliant, and we'll just have to wait to see who is right.

I don't think that will be a long wait.

That is one gay looking bottle. Looks like a dildo almost. Humm... maybe their target market is bitches...

Wow, Halifax, homophobia, sexism ... you just need to get some racism in there for the bigot trifecta.

Wow, Halifax, homophobia, sexism ... you just need to get some racism in there for the bigot trifecta.

Dammit man... I missed out on the hat trick? That sucks... Another opportunity lost. :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

Didn't Mr. Boston and Trader Vic among others already try this?

Guess it will work because folks always buy from vertically integrated brands.:skep:

I may think it's stupid, they obviously think it's brilliant, and we'll just have to wait to see who is right.

I'm not sure if they think it's brilliant or that the liquor buying public is stupid enough to believe all the marketing crap from High Liquors.

I'm not sure if they think it's brilliant or that the liquor buying public is stupid enough to believe all the marketing crap from High Liquors.

The liquor-buying public buys premium vodka, so they may have a good shot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.