2011 Gift packs

Enoch
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Beam black looks to have rocks glasses or a golf towel this year.

I was gifted this last year the JW Black with the rocks glasses. It is a nice set the glasses are a little small :-) but are pretty nice and it was definitely a great deal.

I hope they do something with the JW Double Black. I want to grab a bottle and the freebie will probably push me over the edge.

The WT 101 pack with the flask was not a holiday pack. It was a football bowl pack nice flask though. I did go ahead and buy it.

Keep an eye on EBay for the older (some are genuine antique) pumkin seed shape glass flasks with heavy leather or pewter covers to protect the glass. Some of these are really beautiful craftsmanship. I have seen some very usable civil war era glass lined flasks that would be fun to own and use.

Keep an eye on EBay for the older (some are genuine antique) pumkin seed shape glass flasks with heavy leather or pewter covers to protect the glass. Some of these are really beautiful craftsmanship. I have seen some very usable civil war era glass lined flasks that would be fun to own and use.
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

I have a thread out there re: flasks that some of you might find interesting - I got some good advice from others.

I did go ahead and buy the 4R Small Batch with the nice flask in it.

Between the gift packs with flasks, the only other really valuable pack in the scotch/bourbon world would likely be the glenfiddich. It has a glencairn glass in it and you can expect to pay at LEAST $10 - more likely $30 for just a single glass of this shape. It is free with the set. And, while it is on the low spectrum of the single malt scotches, surely it is still totally drinkable.

Obviously the value of some of these is somewhat subjective - if you dont have an attractive high ball glasses - this is the time! But I have a bunch so really I only find the aforementioned additions to be nice.

Between the gift packs with flasks, the only other really valuable pack in the scotch/bourbon world would likely be the glenfiddich. It has a glencairn glass in it and you can expect to pay at LEAST $10 - more likely $30 for just a single glass of this shape. It is free with the set. And, while it is on the low spectrum of the single malt scotches, surely it is still totally drinkable.

A local retailer near me in LA has an Old Pulteney 12yo that has the 750mL of OP + two glencairns - I think it's mid $30s. Worth watching for.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.